Wanted: Borgelt B40 Vario

Old September 12th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Borgelt B40 Vario

I would like to buy a Borgelt B40 vario.
If you have one that's available, please drop me a line.

Cam Martin
Tehachapi CA
jcmartinATbak.rr.com
Old September 12th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

No problema. You send me a Clear Nav and I will send you a B40.

Guy
Old September 12th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

On Sep 11, 9:23*pm, wrote:
I would like to buy a Borgelt B40 vario.
If you have one that's available, please drop me a line.

Cam Martin
Tehachapi CA
jcmartinATbak.rr.com

The B-400 is the replacement and just as good. I'm running a B-400 in
my Genesis. It can be set to give up only audio if you don't want a
constant noise coming at you all the time. I set my SN-10 for down
only audio with a wide range, so it only alerts me to heavy sink. The
B-400 only sounds off when we're going up and the rest of the time I
hear nothing. I try to keep the speed-to-fly centered and when one of
the audios comes on..........it means something!
JJ
Old September 12th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gavin Short[_2_]

At 12:18 12 September 2008, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Sep 11, 9:23=A0pm, wrote:
I would like to buy a Borgelt B40 vario.
If you have one that's available, please drop me a line.

Cam Martin
Tehachapi CA
jcmartinATbak.rr.com

The B-400 is the replacement and just as good. I'm running a B-400 in
my Genesis. It can be set to give up only audio if you don't want a
constant noise coming at you all the time. I set my SN-10 for down
only audio with a wide range, so it only alerts me to heavy sink. The
B-400 only sounds off when we're going up and the rest of the time I
hear nothing. I try to keep the speed-to-fly centered and when one of
the audios comes on..........it means something!
JJ

I'll second that. I have been using a B400 this season as a back up to a
B500VE. I mute the sound but I can see the vario needles and also to the
green/red +20 second average/-20 second average in very close agreement.
The battery back up is 4 x AA batteries (I haven't had to use that
facility yet). I also have the separate averager display (LCD numerals).
Note that the 80mm instrumnet fits a 80mm hole but the actual diameter of
the instrument face is smaller than 80mm, say about 70mm.

Gavin
Std Cirrus, CNN now G-SCNN, #173
LSV Viersen, Keiheuvel, Belgium
Old September 16th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sep 11, 9:23*pm, wrote:
I would like to buy a Borgelt B40 vario.
If you have one that's available, please drop me a line.

Cam Martin
Tehachapi CA
jcmartinATbak.rr.com

I'm all set- got what I needed.