Congratilations! You just won a free brand new glider!

Old March 18th 21, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rodrigo Silva

Default Congratilations! You just won a free brand new glider!

Ok, it's a joke, but if you could get for free any of these gliders,
which one would you choose and why?

JS1-18m
JS1-21m
JS3-15m
JS3-18m

Thank you
Old March 18th 21, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Rodrigo Silva wrote on 3/18/2021 1:20 PM:
Ok, it's a joke, but if you could get for free any of these gliders,
which one would you choose and why?

JS1-18m
JS1-21m
JS3-15m
JS3-18m

Thank you

JS3-18M for free, then I'd add on the RESL option and the 15M tips, even if it cost me. Why? I
already have an ASH26E (which is only 18M), but I'd like something smaller and electric, which
the JS3-15M RESL would be. I'd get the 18M version for free! for tactical reasons: I might
decide I want them, and it'd improve the resale value.

Old March 19th 21, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 2:04:32 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Rodrigo Silva wrote on 3/18/2021 1:20 PM:
Ok, it's a joke, but if you could get for free any of these gliders,
which one would you choose and why?

JS1-18m
JS1-21m
JS3-15m
JS3-18m

Thank you

JS3-18M for free, then I'd add on the RESL option and the 15M tips, even if it cost me. Why? I
already have an ASH26E (which is only 18M), but I'd like something smaller and electric, which
the JS3-15M RESL would be. I'd get the 18M version for free! for tactical reasons: I might
decide I want them, and it'd improve the resale value.

Hell, I would take any one of them!
Old March 19th 21, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 4:20:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Ok, it's a joke, but if you could get for free any of these gliders,
which one would you choose and why?

JS1-18m
JS1-21m
JS3-15m
JS3-18m

Thank you

I want the one that doesn't beat itself to death in the trailer and that I can assemble in less than three hours, without putting the wing pins in the ice box.

I think Jonkers needs better support for their (very beautiful) gliders.

I'm under employed at the moment....

T8

Old March 20th 21, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

I'm waiting for the doorbell to ring with a Publishers Clearing house representor with a glider Trailer out in front with a New ASH26E or a Ventus 2 E or a EB29.
Shoot I'd even pay the taxes. And the $5 rego fee
Nick
Old March 20th 21, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]

I'd make it worthwhile for K&L to build me 1-26 serial number #701 ; )
Old March 20th 21, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 3/19/21 8:45 PM, Nicholas Kennedy wrote:
I'm waiting for the doorbell to ring with a Publishers Clearing house representor with a glider Trailer out in front with a New ASH26E or a Ventus 2 E or a EB29.
Shoot I'd even pay the taxes. And the $5 rego fee
Nick

Good luck getting that new '26E. Maybe they're still on the price list,
but haven't been built in years. A new '31Mi will set you back about a
third of a mil, give or take a few bucks, but the bloom is off the rose
on that one too.
Old March 20th 21, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

kinsell wrote on 3/20/2021 8:06 AM:
On 3/19/21 8:45 PM, Nicholas Kennedy wrote:
I'm waiting for the doorbell to ring with a Publishers Clearing house* representor with a
glider Trailer out in front with a New ASH26E or a Ventus 2 E or a EB29.
Shoot I'd even pay the taxes. And the $5 rego fee
Nick

Good luck getting that new '26E.* Maybe they're still on the price list, but haven't been built
in years.* A new '31Mi will set you back about a third of a mil, give or take a few bucks, but
the bloom is off the rose on that one too.

The ASH26E is no longer in the list of "Our Sailplanes", so I suggest the next best choice is
the AS33Me-18M.

Old March 23rd 21, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 10:14:43 AM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
kinsell wrote on 3/20/2021 8:06 AM:
On 3/19/21 8:45 PM, Nicholas Kennedy wrote:
I'm waiting for the doorbell to ring with a Publishers Clearing house representor with a
glider Trailer out in front with a New ASH26E or a Ventus 2 E or a EB29.
Shoot I'd even pay the taxes. And the $5 rego fee
Nick

Good luck getting that new '26E. Maybe they're still on the price list, but haven't been built
in years. A new '31Mi will set you back about a third of a mil, give or take a few bucks, but
the bloom is off the rose on that one too.

The ASH26E is no longer in the list of "Our Sailplanes", so I suggest the next best choice is
the AS33Me-18M.

The AS33Me is not currently available, although Schleicher is taking orders with a 3 year wait. The ASH31Mi is the successor to the ASH26e and is available.

Tom