A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FLARM Fusion Range

Old April 25th 21, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm
external usenet poster

Default FLARM Fusion Range

There is the formal no service list... and there is whether you'll get service even if not on the naughty list (e.g. TIS-B/ADS-R services and wether ATC can see you via ADS-B) at any particular time... with no altitude data being seen by the FAA ADS-B system (whether the transmitter or their side is faulty or not)... you won't be getting service with reports like the one that started this. A clue to that is the 0% TIS-B client stats... near Williams you should be a TIS-B client most of the time. TIS-B client % in the PAPR report is a good stat for folks to look at who are playing with the FLARM ADS-R/TIS-B option... it cuts through all the other junk and just shows whether your glider is actually being treated as an ADS-B service client.

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 11:35:14 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Matt, it will show up in a clear red comment on top saying something like you are on a no service list. I never received any notification so once I fixed the issue I contacted the FAA with a copy of clean report and after a month or so they removed me from the list.

Ramy
On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 10:01:37 AM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
Ramy,

How do you find out if you are blacklisted?

Matt
On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Those reports rarely come completely clean. My guess it is since we cranking and banking or out of range. Some of my reports came completely clean, some have few red marks but usually less than 1% error so I stopped looking at those. I am only concerned if the failure % is significant. I did find a configuration error once which resulted in 100% failure and I was black listed until I corrected this but never received a letter from the FAA.

Ramy
On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 5:07:51 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 12:51:57 PM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
ads-b update

I looked at the FAA report for two other pilots that flew out of the Williams area on Friday 4/16, Ramy ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7wgkinoru...55266.pdf?dl=0 ) and Peter Deane ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vkprmv4gu...57927.pdf?dl=0 ). They both had pretty identical long flights all the way around the top of the valley to Trinity Center and back down the Eastern edge of the valley, then back to Williams. Ramy showed a normal report, while Peter showed 48.01% fail on Baro., and 48.01% on GPS. alt. Why are these two 48.01% numbers identical? Bad ground station for part of the flight? If so why did Ramy have no issues with Baro. or GPS Alt.?

Matt
I cannot guess, again detailed kmz and csv reports would help. I also have no idea when/if ever the other glider ADS-B out systems ever passed a PAPR. Instead of doing this publicity, why don't the glider pilots email me the detailed kmz and csv reports (whoever requested the PAPR reports reply to those FAA PAPR emails asking for the detailed reports). And I can take a look. I have all the detailed reports from Andy already.