A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

IGCDroid Android IGC flight recorder is now free

Old May 24th 21, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alan Walls
external usenet poster

Default IGCDroid Android IGC flight recorder is now free

Hi All,
I'm the developer of IGCDroid. My mistake is your gain... IGCDroid is now free for everybody, forever. Enjoy.

For those that don't know, IGCDroid is a simple IGC flight recorder for your Android cell phone. Additionally, it allows real time flight tracking with either glideport.aero (aka SSA tracker) or skylines.aero web sites.

The remainder of this post is me venting at Google, nothing gliding related..

Google locked my developer payment account because I refused to give them a copy of my passport... Google wanted my passport details to satisfy Brazilian legal sales requirements. OK, so I turned off sales to Brazil. Not ideal, but it is Brazilian law. Not good enough as Google has already sold to a customer in Brazil. OK. so please refund that customer's purchase. Sorry, we can't do that and we will keep your payment account locked until you send us your passport details.

So the current situation is Google is block all purchases (not that I have much) from anywhere in the world for any apps I develop until I send them my Passport details. All this because I mistakenly left Brazil on my "sell to" list. To me this feels like extortion.

So from now on, Google gets no more app store money from me. Enjoy.

Thanks for listening to by rant.
Alan
Old May 24th 21, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 3:33:22 PM UTC-5, Alan Walls wrote:
Hi All,
I'm the developer of IGCDroid. My mistake is your gain... IGCDroid is now free for everybody, forever. Enjoy.

For those that don't know, IGCDroid is a simple IGC flight recorder for your Android cell phone. Additionally, it allows real time flight tracking with either glideport.aero (aka SSA tracker) or skylines.aero web sites.

The remainder of this post is me venting at Google, nothing gliding related.

Google locked my developer payment account because I refused to give them a copy of my passport... Google wanted my passport details to satisfy Brazilian legal sales requirements. OK, so I turned off sales to Brazil. Not ideal, but it is Brazilian law. Not good enough as Google has already sold to a customer in Brazil. OK. so please refund that customer's purchase. Sorry, we can't do that and we will keep your payment account locked until you send us your passport details.

So the current situation is Google is block all purchases (not that I have much) from anywhere in the world for any apps I develop until I send them my Passport details. All this because I mistakenly left Brazil on my "sell to" list. To me this feels like extortion.

Alan

Alan,

I'm sorry about the situation but I want you to know that your contribution to the sport with this app has been wonderful!

Leah and many of my friends/family members love following along with my flights. It's a great way to share the experience.

Your Skew-T app is also my go-to first look for most of my weather briefings, whether that be powered or unpowered flight.
Old May 24th 21, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glenn Betzoldt[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:20:44 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 3:33:22 PM UTC-5, Alan Walls wrote:
Hi All,

The remainder of this post is me venting at Google, nothing gliding related.

Alan

Alan,

I'm sorry about the situation but I want you to know that your contribution to the sport with this app has been wonderful!

Leah and many of my friends/family members love following along with my flights. It's a great way to share the experience.

Your Skew-T app is also my go-to first look for most of my weather briefings, whether that be powered or unpowered flight.

Change Leah to Laura and I go with what Tony said.
GB
Old May 25th 21, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Hills
external usenet poster

Thanks Alan.
I use your app all the time and think it is great. Thanks too for all the timely support that you have provided.

Bob 7U

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended to beĀ*viewed
only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.Ā*It may contain
information that is privileged, proprietary,Ā* confidential or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. Any dissemination,Ā*distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited without our prior permission.
If the reader of this message is notĀ*the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible forĀ*delivering the message to the intended
recipient, or if you haveĀ*received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message and
any copies of it from your computer system.
Old May 25th 21, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

What Bob said!

Lou
Old May 27th 21, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Thanks Alan for the great App. I have been a satisfied customer for several years.
Branko
XYU