ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

Old November 4th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

"UFO" wrote in message
ups.com...
It is common knowledge who's gliders wings change
shape shortly after delivery and who's don't.

John Sullivan UFO
.

While I didn't know about this when I ordered my ship 5 years ago, some
purchasers have insisted the manufacturer oven cure the wings a second time,
this to help insure the wing profile has a better chance of remaining
constant post delivery.

My ASH26E wings show no signs of change and there no cracks either even with
climbs high into Sierra wave (though cracking doesn't seem to be the issue
on AS ships that it has been on some others).

bumper

Proudly saving up for a new Wankel engine (should that ever be needed) by
selling five dollar Quit Vent kits and MKII yaw strings to millions of
glider pilots everywhere (g).

Old November 4th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bumper, the ASH-26 wing is dry. As I understand teh problem is when
you fill the 27 or 29's wings with water. Schempp has been building
wet wings for many generations of gliders, while AS is somewhat new to
wet wing construction.

"UFO" wrote in oglegroups.com...

Old November 4th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Danewid

I have never heard of or seen this problem, so I am
interested, especially as I take delivery of a new ASW28-18E
next week. In another message someone wrote that this
problem did not affect the ASW28. But as far as I know the
28 was the first Schleicher glider with integral tanks, then
came the 27B and then the 29. Does not make sense.

A good friend of mine (former world champion Göran Ax) has a
10 year old 27 with beautiful wings and according to the
reigning world champ Janusz Centka his 27 is the only glider
that can outrun the Diana 2.

Robert

wrote:
Bumper, the ASH-26 wing is dry. As I understand teh problem is when
you fill the 27 or 29's wings with water. Schempp has been building
wet wings for many generations of gliders, while AS is somewhat new to
wet wing construction.

"UFO" wrote in oglegroups.com...

Old November 4th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stewart Kissel

At 02:24 04 November 2006, wrote:
Why would a buyer who is putting up 120K plus be biased?

Hmm, for starters he/she may feel for that much dough...they
made the right decision. Sorta like the process you
are taking. However every ship and every pilot is
different...so the subjectivity of this subject makes
it far from a black-and-white issue. What if you decide
after hours and hours of analysis...that the Ventus
is better?

And some day during a side-by-side glide, the 29 goes
by you?

Or vice-versa. No 2 ships come out of the factory
the same, and every pilot has there own nuances that
may fit one ship better. Plus the fact you are dealing
with a verrrrrrrrrrry small data-base.
How many pilots have flown both? With identical conditions
and telemetry to tell them the actual performance?

So assuming this is not a troll, my suggestion would
be...for the money you are spending...go visit both
factories, at minimum sit in the glider, preferably
fly both....many flights in different conditions, of
course this not being practical.

If you or the hubby are the engineering type....the
solution you are looking for does not exist...you will
not get empirical data to give you a definitive answer.

Old November 4th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Well -- the worst two '27s I have seen had water bags, not wet wings.

More data-

--
Hartley Falbaum
wrote in message
oups.com...
Bumper, the ASH-26 wing is dry. As I understand teh problem is when
you fill the 27 or 29's wings with water. Schempp has been building
wet wings for many generations of gliders, while AS is somewhat new to
wet wing construction.

On Nov 4, 10:02 am, "bumper" wrote:
"UFO" wrote in
oglegroups.com...
[...]

Air Force Aerial Refueling Methods: Flying Boom versus Hose-and-Drogue Mike Naval Aviation 26 July 11th 06 11:38 PM
Ventus C 17.6 John Shelton Soaring 0 January 17th 05 06:48 PM
ventus C 17.5 versus ls6-18 Stuart Kinnear Soaring 12 November 25th 04 08:34 AM
TURBULATOR TAPE ON VENTUS B Ventus B Soaring 5 February 18th 04 09:27 PM
Ventus & Ventus 2 John W Soaring 3 December 7th 03 04:55 AM