Cambridge 302/Cambridge 3UTIQ255 utility/ WinPilot/iPAQ 4155

Old July 3rd 04, 02:01 AM
Nathan Whelchel

Default Cambridge 302/Cambridge 3UTIQ255 utility/ WinPilot/iPAQ 4155

Is anyone running this exact combination of components?

Here's the scenario:

I upgraded my palmtop to an iPAQ 4155 running PPC 2003 operating system
software. In addition, I loaded the latest Cambridge utility for allowing
the the iPAQ to configure the 302, now called 3UTIQ255.EXE. WinPilot is
Jerry's latest. The 302 is running the most current rom updates.

Here's the wierd part:

WinPilot gets the streaming GPS data no problem, but it can't initialize the
302. It fails the initialization but goes on to receive GPS data. Trying
to initialize the 302 for a task also fails by the way.

Cambridge setup utility 3UTIQ255.exe also fails to communicate to the 302.

Other utility programs like TTY.EXE can read the streaming data coming from
the 302 or to a laptop from the same serial connection.

The same software works properly on a iPAQ 3680 running on PPC/2002.

---

If you have a configuration described above, and your system works, I'd like
to talk to you about it.

Regards,
Nathan

Old July 3rd 04, 05:23 AM
Tuno

I just used 3UTIQ255.exe for the first time on my iPaq 5555 running PocketPC
2003, no problems however not with the 302 connected. I'll be trying that
tomorrow morning, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I had no problem getting the Windows PC version of the same program to work
as advertised with the 302.

-tuno

. com...

Old July 3rd 04, 02:36 PM
RHP

Nathan,

Sounds like you may have a cable problem, TX from the ipaq to the
CAI, also check the ground.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old July 4th 04, 02:32 AM
Hal

You probably did this but I made the mistake of just clicking "to 302"
and then waiting for the task to get declared. You have to click
again on the "declare task 00 button" to finsih the job.

Soft reboots of ipac are another possibility.

Old July 5th 04, 11:22 PM
Nathan Whelchel

Thanks all - Sure enough, I couldn't send the 302 commands from TTY
either. I double checked the wiring, all correct. I bought another cable,
same model, works fine - go figure. The failing cable did have a funky feel
to it when inserted, the new one feels firm and solid - perhaps a bad
connector.

Nathan

om...