Oudie/Flarm alarm from my own ADS-B/Transponder

Old May 31st 21, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Livingston[_2_]

Default Oudie/Flarm alarm from my own ADS-B/Transponder

On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 9:10:29 PM UTC-5, Guy Acheson wrote:
Many of us depend upon configuration advice provided by the vendors.
I buy my stuff from Paul Remde (Cumulus Soaring).
Does anyone have concerns with how Paul advises to set-up the Flarm?

Guy,

Paul has been very helpful to us on several problems. I set up the FLARM per his instructions, and also the transponder that we bought from him (Trig TT22 with TN72 GPS). Of course I might have missed something...

Rich L.

Old June 1st 21, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 9:35:09 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
[...]

I am having the same issues: Flarm and transponder see each other as enemies. This is my config file:
$PFLAC,S,DEF
$PFLAC,S,ID,A2CEDC
$PFLAC,S,ACFT,1
$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT1,41
$PFLAC,S,BAUD1,2
$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT2,41
$PFLAC,S,BAUD2,2
$PFLAC,S,RANGE,65535
$PFLAC,S,VRANGE,2000
$PFLAC,S,AUDIOOUT,0
$PFLAC,S,AUDIOVOLUME,100
$PFLAC,S,LOGINT,4
$PFLAC,S,PILOT,Jonathan S.
$PFLAC,S,GLIDERID,N280K
$PFLAC,S,GLIDERTYPE,ASG-29Es
$PFLAC,S,COMPCLASS,18 m
$PFLAC,S,COMPID,OK
$PFLAC,S,PRIV,0
$PFLAC,S,NOTRACK,0
Old June 1st 21, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Zivley[_3_]

Jonathan,

You're missing the lines that state you have a transponder and what type and whether you prefer aggressive or normal filtering.

$PFLAC,S,MODEC,X
$PFLAC,S,OWNMODEC,X
$PFLAC,S,PCASCALIBRATION,30
$PFLAC,S,XPDR,X
$PFLAC,S,MODESALT,X

these are from my file, but since my transponder may be different than yours I've changed the values to an "X" so you'll need to get the correct values based on your setup.

A better recommendation is to go to the Flarm web site and use their configuration tool. It has gotten better than it was.

https://flarm.com/support/tools-soft...guration-tool/

It's a bit techy, but then you'll end up with a file that should work better than the somewhat limited file you included below.

I would recommend to check the box that says "advanced settings". Just don't adjust the items about baud rates, protocol, or data sentences. Most of the rest makes sense to non EEs.

I would suggest to use the altitude that your transponder is sending out so that your Flarm and the transponder are sending the same altitude info. Maybe others recommend differently. Of course, this assumes that your transponder altitude calibration is accurate.

"Rebroadcast Services" is only for Flarm units in the US which also have the necessary license. If you have a Flarm Fusion or if you paid for the extra license for your core then you'll want to stay with the default value of ADS-R and TIS-B otherwise might as well select "none".

Mark

OUDIE FLARM [email protected] Soaring 5 July 12th 18 09:45 PM
flarm/oudie [email protected] Soaring 3 September 15th 17 02:51 PM
trying to work out how you connect the flarm view 57 to mini box flarm running a V7 and Oudie Michael Marshall[_2_] Soaring 3 April 10th 16 04:13 AM
trying to work out how you connect the flarm view 57 to mini box flarm running a V7 and Oudie Michael Marshall[_2_] Soaring 0 April 8th 16 08:57 PM
FLARM-V7-Oudie setup dbrunone Soaring 10 July 9th 13 08:27 PM