ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

Old November 3rd 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

All things being equal (delivery time, price, etc.) which glider would
you choose and why? Is there a performance difference, quality
difference, ergonomics, etc.?

The comparision should take into account 15 meter and 18 meter
performance, strong weather and weak weather performance.

Old November 4th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Olson

Neither go for the LS10, or if you really want to be
different the HpH 304S, or really different the DG808S.

Would also suggest the JS-1 or Antares 18 - but no
15m option (but it's a class that will die off soon),
or if the rumours were true I heard a few years back
wait for the 18 metre version of the SZD-56 Diana 2.

Old November 4th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

HpH Glasflügel 304-S !
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/textindex.htm
tim

ups.com...

Old November 4th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

wrote in message
ups.com...
All things being equal (delivery time, price, etc.) which glider would
you choose and why? Is there a performance difference, quality
difference, ergonomics, etc.?

The comparision should take into account 15 meter and 18 meter
performance, strong weather and weak weather performance.

I think there are so many variables and subjective decisions involved, you'd
pretty much need to look at, explore, sit in, and touch and feel the ones
you are interested in. I found SSA convention is a good place to start if
you're in the US. 'Course it's good to ask on ras what owners or flyers of
your prospective ships think + or -.

A couple of years back, I read that 75% of new gliders were motorized. Don't
know if this has changed with the introduction of some of the popular new
"pure" gliders, but I suspect most new ships are still self-launch or
sustainer.

Since I fly a self-launch, I think I understand why this is so . . .

bumper
ASH26E
(4 years old with no spar profile issues, no gel coat cracks and no
reliability issues. If I had to do it again, I'd do it again :c)

Old November 4th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The reason I was asking this question is I wanted to know which is the
glider to have to race 15 meter and 18 meter! Does one have a
performance advantage over the other? The comments on ASW-27/ASG-29
wing refinsh are troubling, but it cannot be too big a problem as I see
many ASW-27's on the score sheets and the talk of the 29's wing loading
range seems to have many buyers waiting for delivery (same wait time
for either V2CX or ASG29). The LS-10 is really an unknown as there are
only two flying. Also the cockpit size keeps my husband from being
able to fly this bird.

If you wanted to race both 15 meter and 18 meter, which glider would
you buy?!

Old November 4th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dear Marc:

Thank you for your comments, however, may I suggest to you that I
really know why I am asking the specific question I am asking.

I am looking for an intelligent unbiassed discussion about only V2CX
versus ASG-29.

Old November 4th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Why would a buyer who is putting up 120K plus be biased? We put up the
money and there is no return to being brand loyal. The buyer should
control. I have owned gliders from AS and SH, no bias only want the
best my dollars can buy.

So I ask again, if you wanted to buy the best for racing 15/18 which
glider?

Go for it. Good luck with finding an unbiased discussion, there are few
things more biased than choosing one glider brand over another...

Air Force Aerial Refueling Methods: Flying Boom versus Hose-and-Drogue Mike Naval Aviation 26 July 11th 06 11:38 PM
Ventus C 17.6 John Shelton Soaring 0 January 17th 05 06:48 PM
ventus C 17.5 versus ls6-18 Stuart Kinnear Soaring 12 November 25th 04 08:34 AM
TURBULATOR TAPE ON VENTUS B Ventus B Soaring 5 February 18th 04 09:27 PM
Ventus & Ventus 2 John W Soaring 3 December 7th 03 04:55 AM