Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

Old April 25th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

gatt wrote in
news:iuSdneLJosZpaIzVnZ2dnUVZ_ovinZ2d@integraonlin e:

Mxsmanic wrote:
gatt writes:

LOL! Yet, you can't differentiate between the private pilots,
commercial pilots, CFIs and ATP.

Yes, I can, since their qualifications are a matter of public record.

Bertie's, for example? "Buttman"? You only know my qualifications
based on what I tell you they are.

I participate in a lot of aviation discussions outside this
newsgroup, but this venue probably has the highest percentage of
unqualified, blowhard wannabes.

Based on the amount of posts you make here, that's undoubtedly so.

'Cept the problem is, 99% of the people here aren't wannabes. They're
pilots. You probably don't want to be calling everybody wannabes when
you've got no actual flight time. 'Cause as somebody pointed out,
that makes you the very backside of the curve.

I'm a rated Sky Legend

Bertie

Old April 25th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

You only know my qualifications based on what I tell you they are.

No, I only know your qualifications if you give me your real name.

'Cept the problem is, 99% of the people here aren't wannabes.
They're pilots.

They have a pilot's license, in some cases, but that's not saying
much. It says they had 40 hours and $6000, nothing more.

40hours and $6,000 more than you have.

Bertie
Old April 25th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

Well said.

It's pretty simple. Anybody who pops off like some kind of
know-it-all here better have something to show for it, 'cause whether
it's a hobby or a profession, nearly everybody here has invested
time, money and survival.

That's not what he said. How did you get from being negative or
unfriendly to "popping off like some kind of know-it-all"?

Dunno. you gonna tel us?

Bertie
Old April 25th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
gatt writes:

It's pretty simple. Anybody who pops off like some kind of know-it-all
here better have something to show for it, 'cause whether it's a hobby
or a profession, nearly everybody here has invested time, money and
survival.

That's not what he said. How did you get from being negative or unfriendly to
"popping off like some kind of know-it-all"?

That's what I'm saying. You pop off like some kind of know-it-all. Ask
around.

Look, I wasn't "mean" to you and I didn't "bully" you as you accuse many
people of doing here. In fact, I had you killfiled until I switched
newsreaders because you're annoying, obtuse, clueless and generally full
of ****. As in, you pop off like some kind of know-it-all.

The pilots here have received training from instructors who are
obviously qualified enough to be alive, passed checkrides from examiners
who are authoritative, flown hundreds of thousands of combined hours and
lived to tell about it, some of them have actually build and flown their
own aircraft, and yet you've never sat behind the yoke of a Cessna 152
but yet you STILL contradict everything everybody says to you here.

Everything. Observe your own posts and see.

-c
Old April 25th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
gatt writes:

'Cept the problem is, 99% of the people here aren't wannabes. They're
pilots.

They have a pilot's license, in some cases, but that's not saying much. It
says they had 40 hours and $6000, nothing more.

It's 40 hours more than what you have, isn't it?

You probably don't want to be calling everybody wannabes when
you've got no actual flight time.

Why not?

I think you're smarter than your behavior here suggests. Of course you
know why not. You'd not walk into a Marine enlisted club and call them
wannabes or you'd be sorting through your **** to find your teeth, and
then you'd understand the meaning of words like "bully" and "mean."

In any case, I wasn't calling _everyone_ a wannabe. There are some pilots
here who are actually worthy of the appellation.

You're not one of them, and you're certainly not qualified by any
measure anywhere to decide who is "worthy" and who isn't.

-c
Old April 25th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
gatt wrote in

posts you make here, that's undoubtedly so.

'Cept the problem is, 99% of the people here aren't wannabes. They're
pilots. You probably don't want to be calling everybody wannabes when
you've got no actual flight time. 'Cause as somebody pointed out,
that makes you the very backside of the curve.

I'm a rated Sky Legend

I'm a Jedi Knight. Working on my level one Jedi Master rating, but, the
Force hasn't been strong with me this spring.

-c
Old April 25th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

gatt wrote in
news:TdydnZow5JW0vI_VnZ2dnUVZ_r_inZ2d@integraonlin e:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
gatt wrote in

posts you make here, that's undoubtedly so.

'Cept the problem is, 99% of the people here aren't wannabes.

They're
pilots. You probably don't want to be calling everybody wannabes

when
you've got no actual flight time. 'Cause as somebody pointed out,
that makes you the very backside of the curve.

I'm a rated Sky Legend

I'm a Jedi Knight. Working on my level one Jedi Master rating, but,

the
Force hasn't been strong with me this spring.

I know, my light sabre ball has been in the closet with the skis and
bike all winter too.

Bertie

Old April 25th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Daedalus

Default Should I be scared of Maxwell's interest in testicles?

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:19:22 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Daedalus wrote in
:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:29:05 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Daedalus wrote in
:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 02:06:40 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip

wrote:

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:hZaQj.11651$3N1.4340
:

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in

message
dgs wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:

I don't exceed weight limits.

You don't fly, numbnuts.

Just as he's never gone up, his testicles have never come down.

Hell of a good point Mort, must be a lesson there......

Boggle.
Scrabble
Twister

Sorry

Stratego!

Risk!

Jade

Jade

Bertie

Jade

Bertie

Old April 25th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Daedalus

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:37:28 -0400, Kali wrote:

In , Daedalus
said:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:19:22 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Daedalus wrote in
:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:29:05 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Daedalus wrote in
om:

dgs wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:

I don't exceed weight limits.

You don't fly, numbnuts.

Just as he's never gone up, his testicles have never come down.

Hell of a good point Mort, must be a lesson there......

Boggle.
Scrabble
Twister
Sorry
Stratego!

Risk!

Life!

Candyland!

Jade

My wife getting scared Paul Tomblin Piloting 271 October 11th 07 08:19 PM
Scared of mid-airs Frode Berg Piloting 355 August 20th 06 05:27 PM
UBL wants a truce - he's scared of the CIA UAV John Doe Aviation Marketplace 1 January 19th 06 08:58 PM
Max gross weight Chris Piloting 21 October 5th 04 08:22 PM
Scared and trigger-happy John Galt Military Aviation 5 January 31st 04 12:11 AM