Wanted: LS6-b tail dump valve

Old August 12th 13, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Default Wanted: LS6-b tail dump valve

My tail water tank dump valve broke. The new version sent to me by DG required so many modifications that it is barely recognizable, any more. It barely works, but it sucks (I mean, leaks).

If you have an original LS tail dump valve, I would like to buy it. Thank you.

Old August 13th 13, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, August 12, 2013 10:07:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My tail water tank dump valve broke. The new version sent to me by DG required so many modifications that it is barely recognizable, any more. It barely works, but it sucks (I mean, leaks).

If you have an original LS tail dump valve, I would like to buy it. Thank you.

I assume you paid the service subscription to get this so called part

I thought the benefit here was that they will actually support you. I guess not.

I am sorry to hear you got such lousy service. I hope you get find the right part.
Old August 13th 13, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Yes, I paid the fee. And yes, it was disappointing to be informed that the original design is no longer available.
Old August 13th 13, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, August 12, 2013 10:37:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Yes, I paid the fee. And yes, it was disappointing to be informed that the original design is no longer available.

I have a Schleicher pdf assembly drawing of the LS6 water dump valve inclucing parts list. I also have lots of the special 0-rings (2 different types) that are part of the design. Please write to me directly if you want any of this.
This was used to repair my identical LS8-18 valve and it is holding water again..
Please respond to me directly.
Herb