Yet Another Cirrus SR22 Crash.

Old December 1st 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Yet Another Cirrus SR22 Crash.

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Newps wrote in
:

alank wrote:

Since 2002, the SR22 has been involved in 17 accidents resulting
in 35 deaths, according to the NTSB...

Larry, you seem to be bashing the Cirrus with "Yet Another Cirrus
SR22 Crash", but have you checked NTSB for 2007 fatal crashes with a
Cirrus? Only two this year, and first one was a ditching in the ocean
(not sure why he did not use the chute there).

And no, I'm not a Cirrus pilot (30 minutes total in one), but they
have done great in 2007. As Mr. Collins pointed out in one of his
articles, take a look at flightaware and see how they are the most
popular GA aircraft in the IFR system today. Speaks well for Cirrus
in 2007.

btw, most of my time is in a A36, looking at the track record for
them this year has average, but when you throw in a loss of a family
friend that lost his life in a A36 crash this year..... the Cirrus
is looking better then the past few years.

Alan.

As soon as somebody writes an article about how safe the Cirrus is he
will be more than happy to copy and paste it here.

"The Cirrus is safe"

There you go.

Bertie

As long as you don't have your doctorate.

Old December 2nd 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Newps,

As soon as somebody writes an article about how safe the Cirrus is he
will be more than happy to copy and paste it here.

And violate another copyright along the way... g

We had another fatal SR20 crash this week in Germany. 82-year old pilot
apparently got in over his head scud running while it turned dark. Hit a
powerline... There's obviously a lot to say, but I won't until the
accident report is out.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 2nd 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 09:09:29 -0700, Newps wrote
in :

As soon as somebody writes an article about how safe the Cirrus is he
will be more than happy to copy and paste it here.

Dear Mr. Newpower,

I include a lot of the research material I find in my articles for
several reasons:

1. Web-page content tends to become unavailable as it ages.

2. It makes it easier for the reader to view background material.

3. It is independently created, and thus not viewed as my
opinion.

4. It lends credibility to the validity of the subject.

5. It remains in the deja.com Usenet archive for decades
facilitating further research.

For those reasons, I wish others would adopt the practice of quoting
credible source material in their articles, including URLs.
Old December 2nd 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Larry,

I wish others would adopt the practice of quoting
credible source material in their articles,

There is the small matter of copyright infringement, of course. I keep
bringing it up since I live off it.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 2nd 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Thomas Borchert writes:

There is the small matter of copyright infringement, of course. I keep
bringing it up since I live off it.

That's a rather incriminating statement to make.
Old December 2nd 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Larry,

I wish others would adopt the practice of quoting
credible source material in their articles,

You're not quoting anything. You're simply copying and
pasting(stealing, really) an entire article with no comments. If that
is of any interest to me I'll go read it from the people who actually
wrote it.
Old December 3rd 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:18:11 +0100, Thomas Borchert
wrote in
:

Larry,

I wish others would adopt the practice of quoting
credible source material in their articles,

There is the small matter of copyright infringement, of course. I keep
bringing it up since I live off it.

Those familiar with US copyright law are aware of Fair Use provisions,
and know what ellipsis mean.