Haicom GPS and WinPilot

Old July 12th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Haicom GPS and WinPilot

I just received my HAiCOM HI-303III CF Card GPS and can not get
WinPilot, running on my iPAQ 3950, to recognize it. I installed
software on the iPAQ that shows me the gps is working and I can see my
position. I've used a Garmin 12xl with cable hookups in the past with
no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions to help out?

Thanks,
Ray
Old July 12th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

On Jul 11, 9:12*pm, wrote:
I just received my HAiCOM HI-303III CF Card GPS and can not get
WinPilot, running on my iPAQ 3950, to recognize it. I installed
software on the iPAQ that shows me the gps is working and I can see my
position. I've used a Garmin 12xl with cable hookups in the past with
no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions to help out?

Thanks,
Ray

Ray,

The correct com port and baud rate needs to be set in WinPilot ADV.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old July 12th 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 11, 9:21*pm, Richard wrote:
On Jul 11, 9:12*pm, wrote:

I just received my HAiCOM HI-303III CF Card GPS and can not get
WinPilot, running on my iPAQ 3950, to recognize it. I installed
software on the iPAQ that shows me the gps is working and I can see my
position. I've used a Garmin 12xl with cable hookups in the past with
no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions to help out?

Thanks,
Ray

Ray,

The correct com port and baud rate needs to be set in WinPilot ADV.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

That's what I thought Richard but I sure don't seem to be able to find
where in WinPilot to set the correct com port and baud rate. I'm
running the expansion sleeve and the gps is com port 6.

Ray
Old July 12th 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cfinn

On Jul 11, 9:12*pm, wrote:

I just received my HAiCOM HI-303III CF Card GPS and can not get
WinPilot, running on my iPAQ 3950, to recognize it. I installed
software on the iPAQ that shows me the gps is working and I can see my
position. I've used a Garmin 12xl with cable hookups in the past with
no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions to help out?

Thanks,
Ray

Ray,

The correct com port and baud rate needs to be set in WinPilot ADV.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

That's what I thought Richard but I sure don't seem to be able to find
where in WinPilot to set the correct com port and baud rate. I'm
running the expansion sleeve and the gps is com port 6.

Ray- Hide quoted text -

To set the com port, touch the "menu" button at the top, touch "more"
button until you see "com port" as one of the options, select the "6"
radio button under "Com", touch the "OK" button at the the top. Most
GPS systems use 4,800 baud. If you don't see a "com port" option on
any of the menu pages, you'll need to edit a page and select it as a
menu item.

That should get you going.

Charlie
Old July 12th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I can confirm that the HI-303III GPS uses 4800 baud.

Paul Remde

Old July 12th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 11, 9:12*pm, wrote:

[...]

Charlie- Hide quoted text -

There is no "com port" button under any of the menu pages. The only
edit I see on the menu pages is at the bottom and it edits the hard
button function on the bottom of my pda. How do I "edit a page"? I'm
running WinPilot Adv Version 7.02.

Thanks again,
Ray
Old July 12th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cfinn

There is no "com port" button under any of the menu pages. The only
edit I see on the menu pages is at the bottom and it edits the hard
button function on the bottom of my pda. How do I "edit a page"? I'm
running WinPilot Adv Version 7.02.

Thanks again,
Ray- Hide quoted text -

If you touch the "Menu" button, you will seean "Edit" button at the
bottom of each of the three menu pages. Touch the "edit" button and
then touch any of the menu items. I drop down list will appear. Select
"Com port" from the list. You'll then need to close the menu for the
change to take place. Open the menu again and go to the page that you
edited. You should now see "Com port" on the button you selected to
edit. Select it and change your com port. After you have made the
changes, you can edit the menu and return the button to its previous
function, if you desire.

Charlie

Old July 12th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter[_4_]

Hi Ray
In other words, open up WinPilot simulator and click on "Menu". Than click
on the "edit" box on the bottom of the page.Next click on any of the empty
boxes on the bottom of the same page. This box will appear; "button
function". Scroll down the arrow until you find "comm port".
Highlight it, check it as ok, and the previous empty box will appear as

Old July 13th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 12, 12:53*pm, cfinn wrote:
[...]

Ah....Success!
I finally got the drop down menu to select "com port" and then I was
able to select com port 6 and it works!
Thanks to everyone for their help and to my friend Richard G. who told
me about this forum yesterday. I'll keep looking at the subjects and
hopefully will be able to help someone else.

Thanks again,
Ray

Winpilot NGC Soaring 3 November 22nd 07 06:00 AM
WinPilot AK Soaring 1 September 28th 07 04:41 AM
Winpilot and OLC P. Corbett Soaring 3 March 26th 06 10:54 PM
WinPilot and OLC Doug LS4 Soaring 2 December 15th 05 12:45 PM
WinPilot Offers Free WinPilot XP for your Desktop Computer Richard Pfiffner Soaring 0 November 8th 03 04:44 PM