AF Academy finished

Old September 1st 03, 03:31 AM
Mike Marron

"Jim Baker" wrote:

[snip]

This is a silly sub-thread. What you're saying is women are choosing to
only be pilots and not combat arms soldiers. Nothing could be further from
the truth since they aren't allowed to apply to certain combat specialties by
law. Your insistence that they're having it both ways by their own choosing
just doesn't make sense because it's incorrect on the face of it.

You're putting words in my mouth as I didn't say that they want it
both ways "by their own choosing." Those are YOUR words, not
mine. I'm simply saying that if women are permitted to engage in
aerial combat then women should also be permitted to engage
in ground combat.

-Mike Marron

Old September 1st 03, 04:21 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: AF Academy finished
From: "M. J. Powell"
Date: 9/1/03 3:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time
In message , ArtKramr
writes
From: Mike Marron
OSPAM
Date: 8/31/03 3:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time

No, what's nonsensical/illogical is the notion that women should
have it both ways. If a tiny nation such as Israel which is constantly
fighting to protect itself, doesn't use women in combat, the only
reason the U.S. has women filling combat positions in airplanes is
to fulfill equal opportunity mandates as prescribed by politicians.

-Mike Marron

Then there was that memorable morning at Stansted. We were socked in.

Mission
cancelled. Ceiling not zero, but damned near zero. Suddenly we heard the
unmistakeable sound of twin R-2800's overhead, Men rushed out to light the
firepots to burn off some of the fog. Then we saw it, A B-26 on final

coming
in down and dirty, smooth as glass. It kissed the runway with hardly a

squeal
and braked to a stop. Out climbed a slip of a girl, a WAAF ferry pilot
delivering a replacement B-26 to us. She had more hours than most of our
pilots. And she was amazing. Don't ever tell me women can't fly or give me
that "political" crap. The question now is will you ever be half the pilot

she
was?.

They (the ATA - Air Transport Auxillaries) also delivered Lancasters,
flying solo and without radios.

Mike
--
M.J.Powell

These ladies would routinely fly in weather that scared the hell out of all of
us. And there is no flying weather like English flying weather Aaaaargh!

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 1st 03, 04:32 PM
Mike Marron

(ArtKramr) wrote:

[snippity snip]

And there is no flying weather like English flying weather Aaaaargh!

As if. As if YOU would know!

-Mike (British Isles don't have a stranglehold on crummy Wx) Marron

Old September 1st 03, 05:27 PM
David Lesher

"Jim Baker" writes:

I would also disagree that the service academies are run like a "typical"
public university.

They seem to have some of the same "Declared major: Football" type
issues we see at big name schools....

--
A host is a host from coast to