New LSA rules

Old August 5th 05, 07:23 PM
rpellicciotti

When we did the S-LSA certification on the Aerostar Festival, the FAA
required us to add a statement to the maintenance manual, "Repairs or
modifications to the airplane not described in this manual must be
approved by the manufacturer". This basically means that the
manufacturer will have to be consulted on a modification and do the
necessary engineering in order to approve it. Similar to the 337
process but just not done by the FAA.

Rick Pellicciotti
LightSportFlying.com

Old August 5th 05, 08:18 PM
W P Dixon

Hey Rick,
So how much is gonna cost me to come over and fly that thing?! Do you
plan on flying over to TRI or the area? I'd love to meet you and see the
plane.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

ups.com...

Old August 5th 05, 09:05 PM

That sounds about right......I hold a Repairmans Certificate for the
plane that I built, but I cannot make repairs on it.

Neal

Old August 5th 05, 09:11 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote in message
ups.com...
That sounds about right......I hold a Repairmans Certificate for the
plane that I built, but I cannot make repairs on it.

Neal

Uh, Why?

Old August 5th 05, 11:15 PM

Actually, I was referring to Ron's mentioning of FAR 65.104(b). Yes, I
actually do make the repairs, but you would think the FAR would also
mention that I COULD make the repairs and not just do the inspectiion (
since it is a Repairmans Certificate. ) According to Ron, I ( or
anyone else ) am not restricted from making the repairs.

Neal

Old August 7th 05, 02:52 AM
Rick Pellicciotti

We will take the airplane on tour this fall. We will be in Union City,
Tn on the 15th of september. Calhoun, Ga on the following weekend, the
US Sport Aviation expo in Sebring, FL the end of October and the AOPA
Expo the following week in Tampa.

Perhaps will will get over to your area in there somewhere. Why don't
you just come over to Memphis most anytime and fly the thing? Just give
me a call first and make sure we are going to be in town.

Rick Pellicciotti
LightSportFlying.com

Old August 9th 05, 09:29 PM
rpellicciotti

We are going to be at $70.00 wet for the airplane. The instructor will
be $30.00

Rick Pellicciotti
LightSportFlying.com