Cessna 206 insurance

Old November 21st 04, 08:05 PM
Chris

Default Cessna 206 insurance

Ok, this is a reaccuring theme but I would like to have some feedback
reg. insurance for a Cessna 206 for a low time (160h) VFR only pilot.
AOPA, for example, wants 250h.

Thanks
Chris, New Mexico
PP-ASEL, Glider
Old November 22nd 04, 03:38 PM
Brian Cox

Chris wrote in message link.net...
Ok, this is a reaccuring theme but I would like to have some feedback
reg. insurance for a Cessna 206 for a low time (160h) VFR only pilot.
AOPA, for example, wants 250h.

Thanks
Chris, New Mexico
PP-ASEL, Glider

I've been very pleased with my insurance broker, Lee McKinley. He can
be contacted at (877) 247-7767 or . I'm just a
happy customer, and have referred a few others who also were pleased.

BC
Old November 22nd 04, 05:57 PM

Chris wrote:
Ok, this is a reaccuring theme but I would like to have some feedback
reg. insurance for a Cessna 206 for a low time (160h) VFR only pilot.
AOPA, for example, wants 250h.

Thanks
Chris, New Mexico
PP-ASEL, Glider

My C206 is insured thru:

Leuten, Bob, Director of Aviation Department
Andreini & Company Insurance
220 W Twentieth Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94403
650 573-1111 x313 OFFICE Bob Leuten
650 378-4361 FAX Bob Leuten
800 969-2522, x313 AIRCRAFT INSURANCE Bob Leuten

I am very pleased with the service and the price.

He has also worked out insurance for several of my customers.

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB
Old November 24th 04, 08:16 PM
Newps

I have been looking at 206's of late and called my broker for insurance.
I have 1000 hours and 850 of that in my 182. The key to cheaper
insurance for a 206 is to only insure 4 seats if you don't need more
than that. For four seats the quote was $1900 on a $90K hull. If you
want the six seats your going to need an instrument rating according to
my broker.

Old November 24th 04, 09:33 PM
Matt Whiting

Newps wrote:

I have been looking at 206's of late and called my broker for insurance.
I have 1000 hours and 850 of that in my 182. The key to cheaper
insurance for a 206 is to only insure 4 seats if you don't need more
than that. For four seats the quote was $1900 on a $90K hull. If you
want the six seats your going to need an instrument rating according to
my broker.

I'm amazed at how crazy insurance is. Now tell me, how does an
instrument rating automatically make the addition two seats safer?

Matt

Old November 25th 04, 02:22 AM
Chris

I have to try that because I may only need four seats (at least for
another year or so ;-) ). Without the option I got quotes from insurance
companies that would insure me. But I am still in the $4000-5000 range
(all six seat I assume, no instrument, 160h). AOPA would insure for
$2500 but requires 250h as I mentioned before.
I'll keep you updated guy ;-) and thank for the advise!

Chris, New Mexico