to George Patterson

Old January 8th 05, 10:36 PM
mindenpilot

Default to George Patterson

George,

I saw your Maule for sale on AOPA.
Did I miss your post saying it was for sale?

Upgrading?
Downgrading?

Anyway, I hope the Maule gets replaced ;-)

Adam
N7966L
Beech - Super III

Old January 9th 05, 02:10 AM
G.R. Patterson III

mindenpilot wrote:

I saw your Maule for sale on AOPA.
Did I miss your post saying it was for sale?

I've mentioned it was for sale a few times in other threads, but I've not posted
an ad here.

Upgrading?
Downgrading?

I'm not sure. I have two problems with it; I can't take my family on vacation in
it and I need the money more than the plane. When finances improve, I'll either
pick up something small for fun or go for more payload.

Anyway, I hope the Maule gets replaced ;-)

Eventually, I'm sure it will.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old January 9th 05, 04:57 AM
mindenpilot

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

mindenpilot wrote:

I saw your Maule for sale on AOPA.
Did I miss your post saying it was for sale?

I've mentioned it was for sale a few times in other threads, but I've not
posted
an ad here.

Upgrading?
Downgrading?

I'm not sure. I have two problems with it; I can't take my family on
vacation in
it and I need the money more than the plane. When finances improve, I'll
either
pick up something small for fun or go for more payload.

Anyway, I hope the Maule gets replaced ;-)

Eventually, I'm sure it will.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.

I know what you mean.
Ownership is running me dry.
And eventually, my kids are going to outgrow the Beech.
I'm not sure I could ever afford a cherokee six/ U-206.

Best wishes,

Adam

Old January 9th 05, 06:40 PM
Jay Honeck

I know what you mean.
Ownership is running me dry.
And eventually, my kids are going to outgrow the Beech.
I'm not sure I could ever afford a cherokee six/ U-206.

Partnership?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 9th 05, 08:35 PM

On 9-Jan-2005, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Partnership?

BINGO! If you (solely) own and fly a C-172/Warrior class of airplane about
75 hrs/year, your total cost of owning and flying a C-206/Cherokee Six class
of airplane in a 3-way co-ownership would probably be less than you
currently spend. Difference in availability would probably be
insignificant.

There are few things as frustrating as owning an airplane and not flying it
because it doesn't meet your needs in terms of payload, performance, or
equipment. Better to figure out what you need (to accommodate the vast
majority of your mission profiles) and then calculate how many co-owners you
need to make it financially practical. That is the basis of the success of
fractional ownership programs for high performance aircraft.

--
-Elliott Drucker
Old January 10th 05, 05:20 AM
mindenpilot

wrote in message

[...]

Fortunately, I have a few years to think about it.
Partnership is always an option, but after owning my myself (even though
it's tight), it'd be tough to share.
Who knows...maybe I'll hit the lotto between now and then ;-)

For now, the Super III is perfect.
I can carry full tanks, my wife and all 3 kids, and about 150 lbs of
baggage.
Since I rarely take the entire family (usually just 1 or 2 of the kids), I
usually don't even get close to gross.
Although once I did take my entire family and one friend (total of 6) and
was right at gross.

Anyway, you're right. Right now the Super III fits 90% of my missions.
In about five years, it will probably accommodate 50% of my missions, and
the real six-seater would come in handy.

Thanks,

Adam