Flying to Memphis

Old October 14th 03, 07:21 PM
Greg Esres

Default Flying to Memphis

I am planning a flight to Memphis, TN

Just saw this note, so it may be too late.

MEM is easy to fly into. Two FBOs, Wilson Air and Signature. They do
have landing fees, but will probably waive with fuel.

Fedex push times are not really a factor, since they're late nite.
But NWA also has push times:

Push times during the week:

Monday
7-8 am
11-12:30 pm
3:30-4:30pm

Tues-Sat
7-8 am
11-12:30 pm
3:30-4:30pm
7-8 pm

Sun
3-4:30pm

Downtown is a short expressway hop from MEM, even though M01 is
closer. Beale Street is nasty during the day, but can be fun at
night, at least on the weekends.
Old October 14th 03, 08:32 PM
Greg Esres

barbecue ribs and country music.

Oh, and BTW, we don't have "country music". We have "blues". You
must go to Nashville for "country music."

Old October 14th 03, 08:34 PM
Peter Duniho

"Greg Esres" wrote in message
Oh, and BTW, we don't have "country music". We have "blues". You
must go to Nashville for "country music."

I must?

No one in Memphis sings country music? Heck, even here in Seattle, you can
go see live country music. What kind of crazy town are you folks living in
that the only kind of music you ever get to hear is blues? And where did
you get this odd notion that the only place one can hear country music is in
Nashville?

Pete

Old October 14th 03, 09:49 PM
Greg Esres

No one in Memphis sings country music?

Well, not to my knowledge, and I've lived here all my life. There are
probably a few country-western bars where you might could hear it, but
I'm not sure if it's live.

We do have one bar that plays Blue Grass, but it sucks.

What kind of crazy town are you folks living in that the only kind
of music you ever get to hear is blues?

Well, we're known for blues, not for anything else.

And where did you get this odd notion that the only place one can
hear country music is in Nashville?

My advice was geared towards someone who might be confusing Tennessee
cities. Still, Nashville is probably the capital city for country
music in the U.S. And there's lots of Blue Grass there as well. I
like going to Blue Grass bars, but I wouldn't dream of listening to it
in other contexts. I can't stand country music.

Old October 14th 03, 10:25 PM
Peter Duniho

"Greg Esres" wrote in message
[...] I like going to Blue Grass bars, but I wouldn't dream of listening

to it
in other contexts. I can't stand country music.

Heh. You're making a big deal about the distinction between blues and
country, but you're lumping blue grass in with country?

Uh, okay...

Old October 15th 03, 12:12 AM
Greg Esres

you're lumping blue grass in with country?

Not at all, you misinterpret. But blues is FAR more different from
country than country is different from blue grass.

Old October 15th 03, 12:26 AM
Chuck

"Greg Esres" wrote in message
No one in Memphis sings country music?

Well, not to my knowledge, and I've lived here all my life. There are
probably a few country-western bars where you might could hear it, but
I'm not sure if it's live.

Ummm... I heard that there is an old man that lives in Memphis that has sang
some George Jones while he was in the shower...