Invitiation to the end of the IRS

Old April 21st 04, 06:18 PM
Don Tabor

Default Invitiation to the end of the IRS

Rally for America

How about making April 15th just another day?

American businesses will spend more just on the cost of compliance
with the IRS code than we spend on the war on terror, and we do it
EVERY year,
with no end in sight.

Our current tax code is fair to no one, cripples our manufacturers in
competition in the world market, and rips the country apart with class
warfare.

There is a better way.

On May 1st, thousands of grassroots supporters will stand in
solidarity to promote the FairTax System. Admission is free and
breakfast will be served, so come join us from 8 AM to Noon at the
Chesapeake Convention Center located at 900 Greenbrier Circle,
Chesapeake, Virginia 23320. (CPK, ORF) Transportation can be arranged
from ORF or CPK to the event.

You will hear Neal Boortz speak about the FairTax and learn how you
can be a part of the effort to scrap the current tax system and
replace it with one that is fair to everyone, simple in compliance,
easily enforced, even for the underground economy and bring clarity to
the true cost of government.

For more information, see www.Fairtax.org
or call 1-800-FAIRTAX ext 110
Old April 21st 04, 08:27 PM
Peter Duniho

"Don Tabor" wrote in message
om...
[political agenda crap snipped]

Wow. You made absolutely NO attempt to even PRETEND this was on-topic
somehow.

Here, why don't I start posting all of MY political agenda crap to the
newsgroup. Maybe everyone else ought to too.

Yeah, that would work really well...

Old April 21st 04, 09:39 PM
Otis Winslow

How is switching to a tax on consumption going to help? We already have
sales taxes.
If you don't buy much .. you don't pay much tax. It would be too hard to
enforce.
The answer is the flat tax. Just like Soc Sec .. EVERYONE pays the same
percent of their income. Period. No deductions. No sliding scale. No cutoff.
Nothing. If you made $2000 last year you pay the same
percent of your income as the guy who made $2 million. Handled through
payroll deduction.
The problem is that CPAs, tax attorneys and everyone else involved in
handling the
current nightmare tax system would never let it happen. Their PACs would be
paying off
every congress critter out there to prevent it.

om...

Old April 21st 04, 10:00 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message
.. .
How is switching to a tax on consumption going to help? We already have
sales taxes.
If you don't buy much .. you don't pay much tax. It would be too hard to
enforce.
The answer is the flat tax. Just like Soc Sec .. EVERYONE pays the same
percent of their income. Period. No deductions. No sliding scale. No

cutoff.
Nothing. If you made $2000 last year you pay the same
percent of your income as the guy who made $2 million. Handled through
payroll deduction.
The problem is that CPAs, tax attorneys and everyone else involved in
handling the
current nightmare tax system would never let it happen. Their PACs would

be
paying off
every congress critter out there to prevent it.

The problem with the flat tax is it keeps the IRS...the worst agency since
the Gestapo.

Old April 22nd 04, 12:14 AM
Jay Honeck

American businesses will spend more just on the cost of compliance
with the IRS code than we spend on the war on terror, and we do it
EVERY year,
with no end in sight.

Man, that's for sure. I just paid over $1000 for my corporate taxes, for
the second year in a row. Until last year it was running about $600 per
year.

That is money that SHOULD have gone to my employees, or into landscaping, or
remodeling another suite -- but instead I must pay it out to some
bean-counter who pretends to understand the tax code.

And this is all ON TOP OF the hotel tax I pay.

....And the state sales tax.

....And FICA.

....And Medicare.

....And federal withholding.

....And FUTA.

....And State Unemployment.

The truly sad thing is that I do all the taxes except the year-end stuff
myself, without difficulty. But my year-end tax return is so complex that
I can't possibly understand it (The return itself is over two inches thick.
The supporting documentation is over a foot thick.), and don't even pretend
to read it. I just sign on the bottom line, and fork over the dough.

It's criminal, and it must be fixed, soon.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 22nd 04, 02:22 AM
John Gaquin

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message

How is switching to a tax on consumption going to help? We already have
sales taxes.

The answer is the flat tax. Just like Soc Sec .. EVERYONE pays the same
percent of their income. Period. No deductions. No sliding scale. No

cutoff.

I disagree. A flat tax does not gather in criminal income. You still rely
on the taxpayer to report income. A fed consumption tax applies to all --
criminals and law-abiders alike. Drug dealers and wise-guys buy boats and
cars and clothes and stuff just like everyone else, and more so in many
cases. By including criminal income, you'd probably triple the available
taxable pool.

The problem is that CPAs, tax attorneys and everyone else involved in
handling the
current nightmare tax system would never let it happen. Their PACs would

be
paying off
every congress critter out there to prevent it.

The real issue is that Congress would fight it tooth and nail. Without the
IRS code, Congress loses their ability to try to force behavior from certain
groups, and to dabble in social engineering. The IRS code is what gives
Congress the power to hurt their adversaries, and they won't give it up
without a fight.

Old April 22nd 04, 02:55 AM
Richard Hertz

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message
.. .
How is switching to a tax on consumption going to help? We already have
sales taxes.
If you don't buy much .. you don't pay much tax. It would be too hard to
enforce.
The answer is the flat tax. Just like Soc Sec .. EVERYONE pays the same
percent of their income. Period. No deductions. No sliding scale. No

cutoff.
Nothing. If you made $2000 last year you pay the same
percent of your income as the guy who made $2 million. Handled through
payroll deduction.

Yeah, and both systems work great...
You must be a student or a starving artist or something.

Old April 22nd 04, 03:09 AM
vincent p. norris

But my year-end tax return is so complex that
I can't possibly understand it

I hardon the radio recently that the IRS sent their "experts," posing
as ordinary consumers, to get tax advice from various IRS offices.

The advice they got was wrong in something like 39 out of 43 cases.

vince norris
Old April 22nd 04, 03:10 AM
Jim Fisher

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
And this is all ON TOP OF the hotel tax I pay.

...And the state sales tax.

...And FICA.

...And Medicare.

...And federal withholding.

...And FUTA.

...And State Unemployment.

Oh, but Jay, thank goodness your employees don't have to pay most of that
stuff. You do! No sweat off their backs, right?

--
Jim Fisher

Old April 22nd 04, 03:19 AM
Jim Fisher

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message
The answer is the flat tax.

I used to be in favor of that but the problem is that a flat tax is, in
fact, a regressive tax. Yeah, I know everyone pays the same percentage but
$200.00 a year to someone making $10,000.00 a year is still a lot while
$2000.00 a year to someone making a hundred grand really isn't that much.

A national sales tax is a much more-better idea. You buys lots of stuff?
You pays The Man. This would also encourage folks to save instead of
spending more than they make. . . . Aw hell, I wasn't gonna even reply to
this silly thread but couldn't help it. I'm going to bed before I get wound
up.

--
Jim Fisher