How many days did you soar in 2013?

Old November 3rd 13, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default How many days did you soar in 2013?

Mostly Vermont. 44 days in 2013 and twice more if I'm lucky.

Old November 3rd 13, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have flown 24 days so far. I have one more week in Estrella coming up. May hit 30 by the end of 2013.

Old November 3rd 13, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

It was a very slow year for me with our airport being repaved and my 2-32 down for several months. I'm at around 35 flights.

Boggs
Old November 3rd 13, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 7:13:37 AM UTC-8, Waveguru wrote:
It was a very slow year for me with our airport being repaved and my 2-32 down for several months. I'm at around 35 flights.

Boggs

Are we talking days or flights? If it's flights, I have 51 flights so far.
Old November 3rd 13, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

So far 61 glider flights in 2013. Looking like wave today, so I'll be
heading out shortly.

(But I'm retired)

Old November 3rd 13, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

About 60 this year - down quite a bit due to a 2-month mountain-enforced hiatus this summer ;-(. OTOH, I have well over 100 flights in Condor since August, and still counting! ;-)

Frank (TA)
Old November 3rd 13, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 10:45:16 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Are we talking days or flights?

I'm more interested in counting days than flights and I'd also like to know location. I'm wondering if people with longer seasons actually fly more days a year.

Flights (aka tows) is more relevant if you're a student of course, but I think counting "relights" is double counting for most other people.
Old November 3rd 13, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:02:21 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
Mostly Vermont. 44 days in 2013 and twice more if I'm lucky.

Flew 26 days, All in Upstate New York.
Will do better next year!

Chuck Zabinski
Old November 4th 13, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Sunday, November 3, 2013 12:08:59 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:02:21 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:

Mostly Vermont. 44 days in 2013 and twice more if I'm lucky.

Flew 26 days, All in Upstate New York.

Will do better next year!

Chuck Zabinski

OLC should give you pretty good idea. You can play around with filters and sort order to get interesting statistics. No doubt Ken Sorenson flew almost twice as many days than anyone else, more than twice a week on average
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...&d-2348235-s=5

Ramy
Old November 4th 13, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:02:21 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
Mostly Vermont. 44 days in 2013 and twice more if I'm lucky.

SC- 6 days
PA- 8 days
Western NY- 3 days
SE NY- 36 days- 98 flights
VT- 4 days
VA- 4 days
FWIW
UH

XC Soar map help needed Ken Latam Soaring 32 June 18th 11 12:36 PM
Android XC Soar Paul Besing Soaring 3 May 3rd 11 09:39 PM
Fat boy wants to soar... toggles mcfarley Soaring 24 March 23rd 10 06:51 PM
XC-Soar [email protected] Soaring 4 January 26th 09 04:06 PM
why do you soar? Mark James Boyd Soaring 27 October 21st 03 07:48 PM