Hobbs Contest Day 3-18M/Open Nats.

Old June 20th 19, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Hobbs Contest Day 3-18M/Open Nats.

Hobbs Day 3. Looks as we will have widely scattered cu today with bases 15000. Weatherman QV says crackerjack day.Primary: 4 hr TAT. which CD will post on tracking site when the gate opens.
Tahoka with 15mi. radius
Andrews with 15mi. radius
Morton with 20mi. radius
Maljamar with 20 mi. radius
nominal 360.47 mi. Min: 237.17 mi. Max: 490.03
Posted by Leigh

Old June 20th 19, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

They're off and running Primary task A: Gate opened at 13:40 task and tracking:
https://www.ssa.org/SailplaneTracker...lt.asp?id=2430
Old June 21st 19, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

100mph!!!!! scores are up:

https://www.ssa.org/ContestResults.a...ltsUpdate=True
Leigh
Old June 21st 19, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Prepared high resolution satellite video of DAY3 Hobbs Open and 18m.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b70prbj6s4...ack_.mp4?raw=1

Walt Rogers WX

Old June 21st 19, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I thank you for info beyond SSA.org.....

Suggestion? When doing a new thread, put the year in the title for others to help find whatever you post.
This goes for any contest info thread.

Reason being......some will do a search and pull up multiple years, they then have to figure out if year they are looking for.

Thanks for whatever you post, much better than "dry contest score sheets"......

As I have stated before, it is a volunteer effort and your time, most of us appreciate whatever peeps do.
Thanks.....

Sooo.....maybe, "Hobbs 2019, contest day 3, 18m/open Nats" would be better later on.....
Not picking, just suggesting.

Thanks also to "WX" for weather maps.....
Both help us at home get a feel for a contest day....
Old June 22nd 19, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Good point... Charlie M. I'll put the year 2019 in threads for this year's Hobbs Nationals. Dropping the year is an efficiency I used for working rapidly to prepare these videos in a daily folder.

Walt WX
Old June 22nd 19, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Hi Walt....as I have stated many times before, anything beyond a "dry score sheet on SSA.org" is appreciated from those of us not there.....
I NEVER pick on whatever is posted....even spelling or grammar issues.....it is all volunteer, thus I will NOT complain.

The year in the title is nice for those that may look back over time, you can then sort by site/contest and year in the title.
Thus, my comment.

Thanks again to you, Leigh and many, many others that fill up n some of the "more homey info" from a contest.
Maybe a case of beer/wine to those that add to the remote experience......maybe a "go fund me" page.....I would add....;-)