Pack guns in your little airplane

Old July 11th 03, 01:48 AM
Rich S.

Default Pack guns in your little airplane

"pac plyer" wrote
The same could be done for part 91 flight. We could all write Phil
Boyer at AOPA and Paul Jr. at EAA and suggest arming ourselves at
little airports across America. This would keep non-flying TSA drones
out of our hair while at the same time providing real protection for
the GA fleet.

Buddy of mine had to add a bit of weight to the rear of his Emeraude. He
dropped in an O-290 and didn't move the battery back. I suggested he build
in a tail compartment for a Savage O/U .22 mag/20 ga.

No sense carrying a chuck of metal that won't shoot.

Rich "You never know when you're going to go down in the wilds of Missouri"
S.

Old July 11th 03, 02:13 AM
Del Rawlins

On 10 Jul 2003 03:36 PM, pac plyer posted the following:

The same could be done for part 91 flight. We could all write Phil
Boyer at AOPA and Paul Jr. at EAA and suggest arming ourselves at
little airports across America. This would keep non-flying TSA drones
out of our hair while at the same time providing real protection for
the GA fleet.

Here in Alaska the pilot in command is required to carry a firearm (
except for airlines and flights passing through Canada) for survival
purposes. Buddy of mine who is a bush pilot had a client pressuring him
to make a flight in unsafe conditions. The guy started to get nasty and
in his face until he realized my friend was wearing his .45, at which
point his politeness returned to him. Now the gun was not mentioned nor
was a move made for it, but without a doubt had it not been there the
client would have continued, possibly getting physical, and a less
strong willed pilot than my friend might have given in and made the
flight.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old July 11th 03, 04:03 AM
Del Rawlins

On 10 Jul 2003 06:06 PM, Wooduuuward posted the following:

I know, I know, there's lots of good reasons to disarm regular
folks.

1. To reduce the number of occupational injuries suffered by criminals.
2. Elimination of the last resort defense against tyrannical
governments.
3. To provide taxpayer funded jobs associated with the disarmament
beaurocracy.
4. Job security for police due to increased crime.
5. A means for PETA and its ilk to prevent most people from hunting.
6. Virtually guarantees that if a madman *does* get ahold of a gun,
that
nobody nearby will be capable of stopping him.

I think that about covers it.

Old July 11th 03, 04:44 AM
Peter Gottlieb

"pac plyer" wrote in message
om...

What do you guys think?

I don't consider carrying or owning a gun mostly because the places and
circumstances I am in are such that the liklihood of an accident is much
more probable than needing it for defense.

I was strongly for arming commercial pilots right from the beginning and
would consider arming myself when flying if there was some sort of federal
licensing system for pilots such that I didn't have to think about or worry
about different rules in different states.

Perhaps if pilots were considered some form of air marshal it might work
with the public.

Old July 11th 03, 05:41 AM
Richard Lamb

Del Rawlins wrote:

[...]

pretty damn well, Del
Old July 11th 03, 08:09 AM
Mike Borgelt

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:41:39 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

Del Rawlins wrote:

[...]

7. Politicians responsible get to grandstand and boast about how much
safer they have made everyone.

Mike Borgelt

Old July 11th 03, 05:39 PM
BD5ER

These are the same requirements
for a concealed firearm permit that many right-to-carry states already have.
The difference is that the permit will be honored in all 50 states if you
have the aviation endorsement.

This has always kind of bothered me. I'm not a legal scholar by any definition
but it seems to me that just like our drivers and marriage licenses, auto
registrations, birth certificates, etc., our concealed carry permits should be
honored in other states per Article IV section 1. (full faith and credit)
Old July 11th 03, 07:00 PM
Big John

A number of years ago Texas passed a carry law. I then took the course
and passed the security check and obtained a permit.

After this law was passed the Liberal left passed some laws on where
you could carry and when I went out carrying I normally left the
weapon in my car because I could not go in so many places due to the
restrictions.

As a note, after passage of the carry law, crime went DOWN in Texas
(and Houston for sure).

The latest legislation session passed a law that legal permit owners
could carry in government buildings (which had been off limits prior.

Slow but sure and we will be able to protect ourselves from predators
in society (or eliminate them)

Texas also made pacts with adjacent States to have ours and their
carry permits recognized in these States and Texas.

It's a start. We now need to keep pushing as Police can not stop
crime. Ask them. All they can do is come after the fact and collect
evidence for the DA.

Enough of my rant.

Big John
Legal to carry
(And I shoot Expert)

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:49:27 -0500, "Rick Pellicciotti"
wrote:

The criminals shoot the defenseless people they rob because they don't want
to be identified and testified against. Also, in gangs, you get extra
credit for shooting whoever you robbed. When I renewed my concealed carry
permit a few months ago, I sat in a class with a guy that was car-jacked and
shot by a 14 year old boy. This guy spent a month in the hospital and a
year doing rehab. Up until that happened, this person had never considered
owning a gun.

The cold, hard facts are that since concealed carry has come into play in my
state, violent crime, robberies and car jackings are down 50 to 70%.

Rick Pellicciotti

"Wooduuuward" wrote in message
This mornings inside page headline in the newspaper reads:
"Bandits kill store owner"
The subheading reads:
"Police acknowledge it was a vicious crime"

The story goes on to tell how the store owner was shot dead
for the cash in the register. It also goes on to state the store
was one that sold pillows, sheets, towels and blankets.
So, broad daylight, and not even a convenience store, ( the
normal profile ).

A gas bar attendant survived being shot in the stomach and the
arm earlier in the month.

If the criminals know regular people don't have guns, why shoot them?

Old July 11th 03, 07:41 PM
Ron Natalie

"Big John" wrote in message ...
Big John
Legal to carry
(And I shoot Expert)

Which expert are you going to shoot? Do us a favor and take out Tarver.