Browser accessed airport camera

Old November 5th 20, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Browser accessed airport camera

I'd like to use a webcam to view the weather at the airport I fly from, particularly for wave
days; unfortunately, the official airport webcam looks down at the runways and ramp instead of
up at the clouds. I want to install a viewer-controllable pan/tilt (and maybe zoom) webcam that
can be accessed from a browser so anyone can use it to look at the weather or see if anyone is
rigging. I have access to a hangar (with power and wifi) to mount it on, but I'm having a hard
time deciding on a suitable camera. Most them seem to require an app to be downloaded, and
passwords, not so suitable for public access.

Something that works well and easily is more important than price, but terrific video quality
isn't needed. What have others used that's worked out?

Old November 7th 20, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 3:24:39 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
I'd like to use a webcam to view the weather at the airport I fly from

Check out http://skylarknorth.com/
They're using this https://reolink.com/product/rlc-410/

5Z
Old November 7th 20, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

5Z wrote on 11/7/2020 8:41 AM:
On Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 3:24:39 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
I'd like to use a webcam to view the weather at the airport I fly from

Check out http://skylarknorth.com/
They're using this https://reolink.com/product/rlc-410/

I considered that style as it's what I have on my house, but I think a controllable pan/tilt
camera will allow observing a 360 deg view with a single installation - easier, cheaper. This
is the one I've ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1