WTB phoebus c horizontal stabilator

Old December 22nd 11, 03:09 AM
shkdriver shkdriver is offline
Member

Default WTB phoebus c horizontal stabilator

Anyone have a good horizontal stabilator that needs a good home?
also, I have seen a post or two describing using A or B wings on a C Phoebus? anyone actually done this?

Thanks,
Scott W.
N9213
Old December 22nd 11, 08:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_37_]

--
shkdriver

Contact Robert Mudd, I think he has a Phoebus C stab.

Should also fit A and B models.

505 269-8234
Old December 22nd 11, 08:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick Walters[_2_]

On Dec 22, 12:08*am, Mike wrote:
On Dec 21, 8:09*pm, shkdriver
wrote:

Anyone have a good horizontal stabilator that needs a good home?
also, I have seen a post or two describing using A or B wings on a C
Phoebus? anyone actually done this?

Thanks,
Scott W.
N9213

--
shkdriver

Contact Robert Mudd, I think he has a Phoebus C stab.

Should also fit A and B models.

505 269-8234

I donated a Phoebus horizontal to Robert Mudd a few years ago. Don't
know if the a,b, and c versions are different. Give him a call.

Rick Walters
Old December 22nd 11, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

On Dec 22, 12:38*am, Rick Walters wrote:
On Dec 22, 12:08*am, Mike wrote:

On Dec 21, 8:09*pm, shkdriver
wrote:

Anyone have a good horizontal stabilator that needs a good home?
also, I have seen a post or two describing using A or B wings on a C
Phoebus? anyone actually done this?

Thanks,
Scott W.
N9213

--
shkdriver

Contact Robert Mudd, I think he has a Phoebus C stab.

Should also fit A and B models.

505 269-8234

I donated a Phoebus horizontal to Robert Mudd a few years ago. Don't
know if the a,b, and c versions are different. Give him a call.

Rick Walters- Hide quoted text -

The 'C' wing is nothing more than an 'A' wing with a glove glued onto
the tip, so yes, you can use 'C' wings on an 'A' or 'B' model. One can
also remove the glove from a 'C' to make it an 'A' or 'B' wing.
BTW, I have one 'C' wing in new condition hanging from the rafters of
the barn. The rest of the ship was destroyed when something got loose
in the hold of the ship............oh, so many years ago!
Cheers,
JJ
Old December 22nd 11, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary[_5_]

On Dec 22, 8:52*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Dec 22, 12:38*am, Rick Walters wrote:

On Dec 22, 12:08*am, Mike wrote:

On Dec 21, 8:09*pm, shkdriver
wrote:

[...]

JJ- Hide quoted text -

My back remembers how heavy the A wings were on my Phoebus A 35 years
ago.....can't imagine wrestling with a "C" wing.....in the days before
"one man" rigging.

Gary Adams GB
Old December 22nd 11, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Dec 22, 7:52*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:

The 'C' wing is nothing more than an 'A' wing with a glove glued onto
the tip, so yes, you can use 'C' wings on an 'A' or 'B' model. One can
also remove the glove from a 'C' to make it an 'A' or 'B' wing.
BTW, I have one 'C' wing in new condition hanging from the rafters of
the barn. The rest of the ship was destroyed when something got loose
in the hold of the ship............oh, so many years ago!
Cheers,
JJ

Left or right wing, JJ? Have a set. One is really trashed, the other
not too bad. Maybe we could get someone a set of C wings?

Scott, if you can get the tail from Robert, I could deliver it to you
after Christmas. Let me know.

Steve
Old December 22nd 11, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Dec 22, 6:41*am, Gary wrote:
On Dec 22, 8:52*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:

On Dec 22, 12:38*am, Rick Walters wrote:

On Dec 22, 12:08*am, Mike wrote:

On Dec 21, 8:09*pm, shkdriver
wrote:

[...]

Only eclipsed by the 18m Diamant. Everyone scattered when it showed
up in the trailer ;-)

Craig
Old December 22nd 11, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

Left or right wing, JJ? *Have a set. *One is really trashed, the other
not too bad. *Maybe we could get someone a set of C wings?

Scott, if you can get the tail from Robert, I could deliver it to you
after Christmas. *Let me know.

Steve

I have a right wing for the C model with divebrakes, but no aileron. :
20 total time!
$1000 bucks, as is (cherry) where is (Placerville, CA 'in rafters)
JJ
Old December 23rd 11, 04:13 AM
shkdriver shkdriver is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Sinclair[_2_] View Post

Left or right wing, JJ? *Have a set. *One is really trashed, the other
not too bad. *Maybe we could get someone a set of C wings?

Scott, if you can get the tail from Robert, I could deliver it to you
after Christmas. *Let me know.

Steve

I have a right wing for the C model with divebrakes, but no aileron. :
20 total time!
$1000 bucks, as is (cherry) where is (Placerville, CA 'in rafters)
JJ
Hey Guys,
Robert Mudd and I have struck a deal for the stab.
Thanks for the information.
This "C" phoebus was imported by Rudi Lindner for the '67 nats, which he finished 3rd. looking forward to returning the ship to a semblance of it's former glory.
Scott W.
Old December 23rd 11, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Dec 22, 1:32*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:

I have a right wing for the C model with divebrakes, but no aileron. :
20 total time!
$1000 bucks, as is (cherry) where is (Placerville, CA 'in rafters)
JJ

Dang! The pretty good wing I have is a right wing, too.

Steve

Phoebus C - why so cheap? jim wynhoff Soaring 18 July 30th 10 08:06 PM
Does the elevator/stabilator generate upward force? Dan Piloting 20 December 6th 06 04:19 PM
Phoebus B Flight Manual AFSax Soaring 1 September 12th 05 11:55 AM
Phoebus B AFSax Soaring 2 August 18th 05 08:51 PM
Archer stabilator jack screw play Mike Noel Owning 7 June 5th 04 08:02 AM