flyWithCE Logbook release version 3.55

Old March 4th 12, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
urosp

Default flyWithCE Logbook release version 3.55

New release of flyWithCE Logbook application (that comes with
flyWithCE Flight Recorder) is available. The update is free of charge
and you can download new version from http://www.flywithce.com/download
web page.

Selecting IGC flight that you would like to upload to on-line
championship is sometimes a problem, because all short encoded names
look alike. Because of that new flyWithCE Logbook has additional
feature where you can copy the file path of selected file to
Clipboard. Later when you are uploading the flight to on-line
championships you just paste the path to file selection dialog. More
detailed instructions together with video are available on http://www.flywithce.com
web site.

The gliding season is closing fast so if you would like to buy a low
cost personal flight recorder you can visit http://www.flywithce.com/order
and order device from flyWithCE of one of resellers.

Best regards

Uros Podlogar
http://www.flywithce.com
Old March 5th 12, 08:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 2:16:56 AM UTC-8, urosp wrote:
[...]

I am still waiting for someone to develop a program which will produce an electronic log book directly from any IGC file (without having to purchase a logger). With all the flying related software we have, I am amazed we still don't have one which can take the burden of entering flight details into a paper logbook. The best one I found so far, which I am still using, is Launchpoint2000, but it is no longer supported and is not capable of extracting data from IGC file. Some people are using Excel and manually entering the info, some use the OLC logbook and exporting to Excel but it is lacking basic info (such a flight time...)

Waiting,

Ramy
Old March 5th 12, 09:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Ramy wrote:
I am still waiting for someone to develop a program which will
produce an electronic log book directly from any IGC file

http://max.kellermann.name/download/...lightTable.exe

This is some fallout from the XCSoar calculation engine (quick hack
written in 10 minutes). Put it in a directory with many IGC files,
and it will print the takeoff and landing time for each (CSV format).
It would be easy to add OLC score, thermal strength, wind analysis,
..... and any other calculation that XCSoar has.

Volunteer welcome to add some usability to this little program.

XCSoar 6.3 has some code to generate a flight book automatically, but
it's disabled because I did not have enough time to finish it. More
volunteers with a little coding experience welcome :-)

Max
Old March 5th 12, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Allan[_4_]

LK8000 records all flifghts in a log book.
Old March 6th 12, 07:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Monday, March 5, 2012 1:52:08 AM UTC-8, Max Kellermann wrote:
Ramy wrote:
I am still waiting for someone to develop a program which will
produce an electronic log book directly from any IGC file

http://max.kellermann.name/download/...lightTable.exe

This is some fallout from the XCSoar calculation engine (quick hack
written in 10 minutes). Put it in a directory with many IGC files,
and it will print the takeoff and landing time for each (CSV format).
It would be easy to add OLC score, thermal strength, wind analysis,
.... and any other calculation that XCSoar has.

Volunteer welcome to add some usability to this little program.

XCSoar 6.3 has some code to generate a flight book automatically, but
it's disabled because I did not have enough time to finish it. More
volunteers with a little coding experience welcome :-)

Max

Thanks Max. That's a start. I probably can't help with coding but can help with design. For a start, the program should ideally run on a PC instead of flight computer since this is what most people use post flight, and, giving igc files and waypoint files, the program should be able to extract the following standard log book data:
date, glider info, takeoff location, release altitude, max altitude, distance flown (using OLC or FAI optimizations), flight time, turn points, and perhaps weather data such as wind and thermal data.
Next, rather than just dumping the results into excel, it will display it in a program similar to Launchpoint 2000, which provides capabilities to edit the data, add additional information (such as PIC, dual received, solo, comments) and provide various capabilities to sort, summarize, filter the data and provide statistics in a user friendly way.
Any takers?

Ramy
Old March 8th 12, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PCool

We do more than that, in fact.
We record towing times, tow released, OLC distances etc, in both runtime
viewable files and in an excel-spreadsheet ready to open file.
http://www.lk8000.it/new-20-features/30logbook.html

Old March 9th 12, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
urosp

Since this is a thread about Logbook I would like to add that it does
all those things (detect tow release, flight optimization…). In
addition it is really good at exporting files to other formats like
Google Earth and Google Maps. Each has its pluses and those formats
are great if you would like to share flights with your friends where
you cannot count that they have installed IGC viewer. And you can see
the flights on your desktop (big screen with high resolution).

The program is not free, but it comes together with flyWithCE Flight
Recorder for just 89 EUR. Updates are free of charge (no hidden cost
in the future) and the device is small and really simple to use.
If you would like to know more check Logbook web site:
http://www.flywithce.com/logbook.html.

Best regards

Uros Podlogar
www.flywithce.com