Need Assistance. Daughter wants to become helicopter pilot.

Old August 5th 04, 11:22 AM

Default Need Assistance. Daughter wants to become helicopter pilot.

Ryan Ferguson wrote:

So my fixed wing ATP is worth $150k... to START? Hilarious!

Well, my neighbor is an ATP and flys private jets for corporate
clients. That's what he makes even though he isn't really exercising
his full license.

The point is not to state the exact salary someone will make with a
particular license, the point is that heli licenses cost twice as much
and yeild jobs that pay half as much.

Do that many ATP heli pilots make over $75K a year? From what I hear,
the answer is no. Even those with their own heli businesses - once
they deduct the cost of the helicopter, I doubt they are rolling in
the dough.

Dennis.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm

Old August 5th 04, 11:25 AM

Crack is a much cheaper addiction than helicopters.

Dennis.

"Steve R." wrote:

No, he just wants to fly, "REAL" bad! :-)

"Davdirect" wrote in message
yeah, my brother in law in mid 40s just got his ATP and has a masters

degree
and his first flying job paid mid 30s. Is this guy smoking crack??

Old September 7th 04, 10:20 PM
hueyguy

Mike wrote:
*My daughter (28) is very interested in a career as a helicopter
pilot.
She has been doing some flying and says she wants to pursue this
career. I need assistance in gathering information about this
career
so she can be better informed in making a decision. My
understanding
is the market is saturated with pilots and that the salaries are
very
low. I understand that it is very expensive to acquire the
necessary
hours. Are there scholarships for someone as enthusiastic about
this
as she is? She is single and willing to relocate if necessary. She
currently lives in Connecticut. Are there jobs available for
someone
like her at the flight schools? She is very willing to work.

I'm sure there are many points that you can provide to me and I
appreciate it.

Michael A. Keller GMI
Chief of Police (ret.) FBI NA176
Project ALERT Consultant, National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children, Alexandria Va. 1.800.THELOST
361.758.9165 home
361.779.5501 cell
Aransas Pass, TX 78336

"We Are The Dragon Slayers"

* The military is not as bad as everyone makes it. The Army National

Guard is the best way to go if you want to have a full time civilian
job. I have a friend that flys for medflight and he stated out at 35k
a year and that is with 500 hrs TT and no ATP. He just got a raise to
50k when he reached 1000 hours TT. Being a military pilot does have
its advantages and disadvantages. I have over 11 years of military
service (Active Duty and Guard) and I still enjoy it even after being
deployed. If she really wants to fly and get free of charge, then the
military is definately the way to go. My 2 cents worth.

Brian

--
hueyguy
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -