Unusual Distractions

Old July 10th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Unusual Distractions

El Maximo wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Ol Shy & Bashful writes:

THAT IS A DISTRACTION.........ggg

Not if you really like flying.

Since you have stated you have no interest in sex, and no interest in real
flying, on what do you base this statement?

Microsoft Social Interaction Simulator?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 11th 07, 10:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

El Maximo writes:

Since you have stated you have no interest in sex, and no interest in real
flying, on what do you base this statement?

Simulator flight. And I'm not completely uninterested in real flight, it just
isn't a viable option at this time.
Old July 11th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
El Maximo writes:

Since you have stated you have no interest in sex, and no interest in
real
flying, on what do you base this statement?

Simulator flight. And I'm not completely uninterested in real flight, it
just
isn't a viable option at this time.

Have you ever tried flight with a beautiful girl sitting next to you? If
not, how can you be sure it wouldn't be a distraction?

Old July 11th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

For what it's worth, I've been known to distract my husband. Why, once
or twice he actually engaged the autopilot. (The safety minded among
you will be happy to know it was in IMC, there was no opportunity to
be looking for other traffic.)

Old July 11th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

El Maximo writes:

Have you ever tried flight with a beautiful girl sitting next to you?

Yes. I've done all sorts of things with a beautiful girl next to me.

If not, how can you be sure it wouldn't be a distraction?

I've done it, and it's not a distraction, particularly if you want to come
back alive (although my flights are simulated, so that's less of an issue--but
I still don't feel particularly distracted).
Old July 11th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Tina writes:

For what it's worth, I've been known to distract my husband. Why, once
or twice he actually engaged the autopilot. (The safety minded among
you will be happy to know it was in IMC, there was no opportunity to
be looking for other traffic.)

Traffic doesn't go away just because you cannot see it. IMC is a bad time to
be distracted.
Old July 11th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

although my flights are simulated

So the answer is NO, you haven't tried flight with a beautiful girl sitting
next to you?

I didn't think so. It doesn't take much intelligence to know the difference
between real flight and simulated flight.

Old July 11th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

In this case IMC equals flying in the clouds, Mx. There is nothing to
see outside.

I noted in one of your posts while flying the simulator you had a
beautiful woman by your side, and she was not a distraction. What
power of concentration you must have. I would feel slighted if my
husband kept his interest on a computer game if I was trying to
distract him. Maybe it's that he is being very kind, but he allows
himself to be distracted easily in those circumstances. You might find
from a relationship standpoint you'd do better if you allowed such
distractions from time to time.

The last part of that paragraph can be considered professional
advice.

Tina the shrink

Old July 11th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Tina writes:

For what it's worth, I've been known to distract my husband. Why, once
or twice he actually engaged the autopilot. (The safety minded among
you will be happy to know it was in IMC, there was no opportunity to
be looking for other traffic.)

Traffic doesn't go away just because you cannot see it. IMC is a bad time to
be distracted.

Clueless idiot.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 11th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Tina writes:

In this case IMC equals flying in the clouds, Mx. There is nothing to
see outside.

But the clouds may hide other aircraft. You need to be on the radio to
maintain separation with ATC, not dealing with cockpit distractions.

I noted in one of your posts while flying the simulator you had a
beautiful woman by your side, and she was not a distraction.

Yes.

What power of concentration you must have.

Not at all. I'm simply not a buck deer in rut, and my behavior is controlled
by my brain, not my hormones.

I would feel slighted if my husband kept his interest on a computer
game if I was trying to distract him.

I am not your husband.

Maybe it's that he is being very kind, but he allows
himself to be distracted easily in those circumstances.

The answer to that might displease you. Men know how to fake things, too.

You might find
from a relationship standpoint you'd do better if you allowed such
distractions from time to time.

I'm not interested in a relationship, I'm interested in aviation.