Unusual Distractions

Old July 12th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Unusual Distractions

A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

And it isn't your place to assume or imply that he is or isn't.
That is his personal life with his wife, and is no business of yours to
bring up anywhere.

I didn't bring it up; someone else did. And if you consider such things not
my business, try to remember that the next time you decide to make personal
comments about me (such as in this very post of yours, see below).

You've proven my point regarding social ineptness.

See above.
Old July 12th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

Why is it hyperbole or over the top?

Because it is such a severe exaggeration of reality. In trying to make your
point, you exaggerate your argument until it loses all credibility.

It's rather like counselors who warn teenagers that the first time they try a
drug they'll turn into addicts and end up in the gutter. Teenagers know that
this is a ridiculous exaggeration, and they tend not to take anything they
hear seriously once they realize that the counselor has chosen exaggeration
over truth.

By your own admission you have never flown and are afraid to fly.

I have flown many times, as a passenger. I'm not afraid to fly; I rather like
flying. I don't know how you reached these conclusions.

You simply have no basis of comparison between playing a computer game and
the actual act of flying. Until you have done both ...

I have done both.

This is why you have absolutely no credibility, and your statements lack
credence.

You're entitled to your opinion; I disagree with it. Others may form their
own opinions.
Old July 12th 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

Just another bunch of your lies again, like saying you didn't have a blog.
Flying as a pax in the back of a heavy you might as well be in a FedEx box-
it is not the same as piloting an airplane, just like playing on your
computer is similar to piloting a real plane, like a Baron. If you claim
your experience as a passenger is the same as piloting, you truly are
delusional.

You have also stated in this NG that you are afraid of stalls and other
maneuvers including acro, yet these are all part of flying (steep turns and
stalls).

Playing a computer game will never be the same as actually flying,
particularly one as limited as MSFS. As has been written many times here, go
get a lesson or even a few hours of flying time in a trainer, and then come
back and share the experience.

Otherwise, you will never have any credibility and will remain a whining
wannabe.

Old July 12th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

"Viperdoc" wrote in message

Playing a computer game will never be the same as actually flying,

As intelligent as he thinks he is, he'll never figure that one out.

Old July 12th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Viperdoc writes:

Why is it hyperbole or over the top?

Because it is such a severe exaggeration of reality. In trying to make your
point, you exaggerate your argument until it loses all credibility.

It's rather like counselors who warn teenagers that the first time they try a
drug they'll turn into addicts and end up in the gutter. Teenagers know that
this is a ridiculous exaggeration, and they tend not to take anything they
hear seriously once they realize that the counselor has chosen exaggeration
over truth.

Or socially isolated pontificators who say someone who had 2 DUIs
decades ago as a kid must be an alcoholic.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 12th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Doug Semler

On Jul 11, 8:39 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Doug Semler writes:
What do I care? Read-and-parse. English 1. I said to use the FMC
(ok. in a plane that has one, *obviously*) to guide under VFR (hell,
guide it under IFR for all I care, unless you are worried about a
simulated FSDO appearing on your doorstep) for a long flight (.
Imagine the distractor is a stewardess and you want to join the
simulated mile high club (hmmmmm...interesting fantasy in there
somewhere...). (obvious ad hominem) However, in your case you don't
even need to use the FMC or have a long flight; you'd be finished with
any distraction before tower handed you off to departure after
takeoff.

It is never acceptable to divert one's attention from the flying task. There
must always be a human being watching the aircraft, if the aircraft is
designed for human pilots.

Ok. So hit the Pause button. Problem solved.

I never said anything about distractions while flying. I was implying
that a [significant other/boyfriend/girlfriend/hell-it-could-be-a-goat-
for-all-I-know] is going to get ****ed off at you if you choose a
computer over the distraction; *regardless* of what you are doing on
the computer at the time of the distraction.

The computer will not become ****ed off. Therefore the choice is easy.

Wow. I am speechless. You would rather have a human thing ****ed off
at you for failing to give him/her attention than give up your "flight
time". Amazing.

Old July 12th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

It is never acceptable to divert one's attention from the flying task.

This statement demonstrates a complete lack of real flying knowledge.

Old July 12th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Doug Semler

On Jul 12, 9:55 am, wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
Yes, we know, all aspects of real life terrify you.

Alcohol and strip joints don't terrify me. I simply know that taking drugs is
a bad idea, because I'm not stupid. And a strip joint contains nothing that
would be of interest to me, so I see no reason to waste time visiting one.

Only a pontificating twit would automaticaly equate alcohol with drugs.

Strip joints contain real people and social interaction, neither of
which you seem to hold any interest for you.

They also contain women. Naked women. Usually at least one good
looking naked woman.

Premise: Strip clubs contain naked women.
Premise: Strip clubs do not contain ANYTHING that interests Mxmanic.
Conclusion: Naked women don't interest Mxsmanic.

Therefo
Premise (a): Homosexual men are not interested in naked women.
Premise (b): Heterosexual women are not interested in naked women
(Undistributed Middle Conclusion and ad hominem attack): Mxsmanic is a
homosexual man or a heterosexual woman.

In my case, my lack of interest is that I don't care for PAYING to see
naked women. (Although some might argue that I "pay" on a daily basis
at home g)