EAA Museum

Old August 28th 03, 05:28 PM
Tim Williams

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message
news
As a pack rat, I thought I was doing pretty good.
However, I'm probably not in the winner's circle.

Yeah, I think there's someone lurking here with ENIAC.

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Old August 28th 03, 10:16 PM
Errol Groff

Tim and all:

Sorry to be slow in responding. The right arrow as a dead link is a
result of my sloppy page building. On the John W. Brown Liberty Ship
series the arrow is the link. I don't quite know what happened but I
am sure that it is my bad.

Sorry.

Errol

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:23:09 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Errol Groff" wrote in message
.. .
A photo essay of my visit to the Experimental Aircraft Association
AirVenture Museum has been posted at

http://newenglandmodelengineeringsoc...008_2003/1.htm

I seem to remember that from years ago, thanks for the memories.

About the web page, is the right arrow supposed to be a dead link?

Tim

Old August 28th 03, 10:22 PM
Gary Coffman

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:28:33 -0500, "Tim Williams" wrote:
"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message
news
As a pack rat, I thought I was doing pretty good.
However, I'm probably not in the winner's circle.

Yeah, I think there's someone lurking here with ENIAC.

Well, not quite that old, but I've got a Data General
Nova 1200 with 32k of core memory, a Cosmac Elf,
and a Sol 20. Somewhere lurking about is also a
Sinclair ZX81, and I just stumbled across my Radio
Shack Pocket Computer last week (essentially a
calculator that runs BASIC). Oh, I've also got a
Victor four function video display calculator (vector
display). All of them still work too.

Gary
Old August 29th 03, 02:34 AM
Blueskies

"RobertR237" wrote in message ...

Gary

Young Whipper-Snapper.

Real men wired boards!

Bob Reed

Old guys, eh?

http://www.national.com/rap/

Old August 29th 03, 05:13 AM
Eastburn

CP/M ? - I remember when that late comer came out - I had an
Altair 8800 (not A but later bought a B). In fact, five of us -
four 'kids' and Dad had Altiars and were active for some years
with each other. I had machine language, assembly, Advanced Basic,
Cobol, Fortran, Forth, CP/M (hard sector), and a ton of hardware and
software we all wrote and made.

Thanks for the trip ! -

Martin [cut teeth on pdp8, taught machine language on Digital 400 or
600...
........ Sun, Cray now PC's... :-) )
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Old August 29th 03, 05:26 AM
RobertR237

In article om, "Blueskies"
writes:

Young Whipper-Snapper.

Real men wired boards!

Bob Reed

Old guys, eh?

http://www.national.com/rap/

This thread was about the programmers museum wasn't it?

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 29th 03, 09:29 AM
Barnyard BOb --

CP/M ? - I remember when that late comer came out - I had an
Altair 8800 (not A but later bought a B). In fact, five of us -
four 'kids' and Dad had Altiars and were active for some years
with each other. I had machine language, assembly, Advanced Basic,
Cobol, Fortran, Forth, CP/M (hard sector), and a ton of hardware and
software we all wrote and made.

Thanks for the trip ! -

Martin [cut teeth on pdp8, taught machine language on Digital 400 or
600...
........ Sun, Cray now PC's... :-) )
--
Martin Eastburn,

Whew...
Find any time to fly or build an airplane?

Barnyard BOb -
Old August 29th 03, 11:49 AM
Blueskies

Programming and wiring boards...

http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/I...ArticleID=1449

--
Dan D.

..

Old August 29th 03, 02:01 PM
Big John

BOb

I'll wrestle you for the king 'pack rat' title.

I just gave away two RS Model II's with C/PM on them and a big box of
8" disks. Can't see where it made any difference in my pile to the
ceiling.

A short time ago I had to lose some weight to be able to slide
sideways in the narrow isle in my office (garage) to get to the
computer.

I've still got stuff that I shipped from Omaha, when I retired 31
years ago, to Houston that I have never opened down here.

As I have said for years, "One of these days"....................

King of the Pack Rats

Big John G

Some items that can be seen poking out of the 'pile'. All top of the
line in their day.

IBM Fortran course. (I used to learn Fortran working on my MA)
First version of OS2 that IBM released.
Lotus 123
SuperCalc 5
WordStar Pro
Basic I
etc, etc, etc.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:45:09 -0500, Barnyard BOb --
wrote:

Bob - I just deleted MOSAIC from my other computer - that was the FIRST.
I was a Beta site for it and again when Netscape became a company (just
before)
was the Beta site for the first Netscape.

MOZILLA is the latest spin-off that took some of the firsts.

Martin [ I'm talking years ago not in the last couple. ]
--
Martin Eastburn

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah....
Ran MOSAIC, myself.

However, several of years ago with teary eyes....
I let all that NEWER stuff go, along with all the
CP/M programs stored on 8 inch floppies. g

Old August 29th 03, 02:15 PM
Barnyard BOb --

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:01:31 -0500, Big John
wrote:

[...]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Geez....
What a stroll down 'Memory Lane'.