EAA Museum

Old September 8th 03, 05:01 AM
Roger Halstead

As a thought...This computer is 2.8 *million* times faster than the

Oops...2.8 X10^9 / 1X10^6 = 2.8 X 10^3 = 2,800
That's what I get for doing math in my head at 4 AM

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)
Old September 8th 03, 05:04 AM
Roger Halstead

OK, I will take the Col. Potter approach and shoot it with a gun. ;-)

A BIG GUN!

Bob Reed

Bad Computer, BAD BAD COMPUTER! Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang !

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ouster...r_doorstop.jpg

- John (44 Magnum) Ousterhout -

Yah need to tighten that group up a bit...unless ur gonna tell me it
was 200 yards off hand...then I'm impressed.

Old September 13th 03, 12:09 AM
Model Flyer

"Roger Halstead" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:18:25 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

cost about the same as my first 15" EGA color monitor or maybe a

tad
less and has close to the same display area as my hernia building

19"
CRTs.

Must get one of those, a cousing of mine had a 21" Sony, he had it on
a small table behind his desk, this was because the screen was too
big for normal use, it also gave him the full use of his desk.:-)

This current monster cost just a tiny bit less than a quarter of

the
first computer (including the monitors keyboards, and printers) I

I started off with an ATARI ST-1040, it was OK but could never get
the much need word processor application I wanted, then I got myself
a 386 SX-16.

I used to think of myself as a writer, I only got the computer
because it was bound to be better than using a typewriter. It was
only then that I did an ICS course in PC repair, it's the only
certificate that I have other than my gun permit or driving license.
Since then I've given up all thought of writing for a living,
computers dominated my waking hours. I'm now doing printer repairs,
bit more interesting than reinstalling some applications on a clients
computer because he repeatedly runs the restore CD.:-)

used a model 28 Teletype for the first printer. If I include the

two
scanners then this one cost about a third of the original.OTOH we
didn't even have scanners let alone those that could scan a

document
directly into a word processor.

That was the job of the many operators employed since computers
became the norm in businesses, since the introduction of scanners and
OCR many of these workers are now redundant. being flame
resistant................. or er.

Now that I've made a bit of money I'm going back to my ppl, hope to
start it before the end of next month, November is usually nice here
in Ireland.
--

..
--

The other three are a bit slower with the slowest being 1.9 GHz
and two at 2 GHz.