What would you call this tool? Bolt drill guide?

Old January 4th 07, 07:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger[_4_]

Default What would you call this tool? Bolt drill guide?

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:37:55 -0600, Dan wrote:

mhorowit wrote:
Dan wrote:
mhorowit wrote:
Roger wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:10:23 -0500, Michael Horowitz
wrote:

Place the v-block on the drill press, lower the drill bit until it
bottoms in the V, clamp the v-block down and every single cylindrical
object placed in the v-block will be drilled through the center.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Duh, of course. Thanks - Mike

I know the feeling. I have days when I make some rather elaborate set
ups on my vertical mill then have a eureka moment like that It's best
not to have a witness around at times like that.

Isn't it amazing that those moments always seem to happen AFTER you
have done it the hard way?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old January 4th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

mhorowit wrote:
Dan wrote:
wrote:

Place the v-block on the drill press, lower the drill bit until it
bottoms in the V, clamp the v-block down and every single cylindrical
object placed in the v-block will be drilled through the center.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Duh, of course. Thanks - Mike

I know the feeling. I have days when I make some rather elaborate set
ups on my vertical mill then have a eureka moment like that It's best
not to have a witness around at times like that.

Isn't it amazing that those moments always seem to happen AFTER you
have done it the hard way?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

The worst is when you do an elaborate set up to do one piece and
later look in Machinist Bedside Reader and see exactly what you should
have done. It's the little things in life that makes one feel so warm
and fuzzy

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Call for opinions on new XC planning tool Matt Herron Jr. Soaring 3 September 29th 06 06:38 AM
Reamed out by Approach Bob Chilcoat Piloting 26 March 29th 05 12:32 AM
Naval Aviators jsmith Piloting 1 March 25th 04 03:56 PM
Papco #600 -- Roto-Master Flaring Tool Michael Burton Aviation Marketplace 0 October 27th 03 06:35 PM
FS: Papco #600 Flaring Tool Michael Burton Home Built 0 October 27th 03 06:26 PM