I have an opinion on global warming!

Old April 6th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default I have an opinion on global warming!

But since that subject (and my opinion on it) has nothing to do with
piloting I'm not going to share it. I hope by making this posting that I
can hint to others that they direct their opinions on that subject to more
appropriate forums.

Jim "naive and hopeless optimist" Logajan
Old April 6th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Jim Logajan" wrote:

But since that subject (and my opinion on it) has nothing to do with
piloting I'm not going to share it.

Me neither.

Had a great flight home from Birmingham yesterday; 25 kt tailwind!

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old April 6th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 6, 11:46 am, Jim Logajan wrote:
But since that subject (and my opinion on it) has nothing to do with
piloting I'm not going to share it. I hope by making this posting that I
can hint to others that they direct their opinions on that subject to more
appropriate forums.

Jim "naive and hopeless optimist" Logajan

I only wish that were true. We are not far off from having GA
regulated in the name of global warming. Limiting flight hours, days
flown, etc is a very, very likely scenario. Almost any freedom can be
taken away if you put a "Global Warming" tag on it.

-Robert

Old April 6th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Jim Logajan wrote:

But since that subject (and my opinion on it) has nothing to do with
piloting I'm not going to share it. I hope by making this posting that I
can hint to others that they direct their opinions on that subject to more
appropriate forums.

Jim "naive and hopeless optimist" Logajan

Jim, if you think that the 'religion' of global warming does not or
will not affect your flying, or th your freedom to fly you are naive.

Old April 6th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Dan Luke" wrote)
Had a great flight home from Birmingham yesterday; 25 kt tailwind!

This is a thread about not posting in another thread about AlGore and global
warming. Your piloting reference was clearly off topic here - but no OT in
your subject line. Hmm?

Montblack :-)

Old April 6th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Montblack" wrote:
("Dan Luke" wrote)
Had a great flight home from Birmingham yesterday; 25 kt tailwind!

This is a thread about not posting in another thread about AlGore and
global warming. Your piloting reference was clearly off topic here -
but no OT in your subject line. Hmm?

Ever meta-subject you didn't like?

;-)
Old April 6th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Montblack" wrote:

("Dan Luke" wrote)
Had a great flight home from Birmingham yesterday; 25 kt tailwind!

This is a thread about not posting in another thread about AlGore and global
warming. Your piloting reference was clearly off topic here - but no OT in
your subject line. Hmm?

Well, it *did* get a lot warmar as we got close to Mobile...

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old April 6th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

But since that subject (and my opinion on it) has nothing to do with
piloting I'm not going to share it. I hope by making this posting that I
can hint to others that they direct their opinions on that subject to more
appropriate forums.

I agree. As we sit here, shivering in record cold temperatures (wind
chills near zero tonight), the thought that global warming might be a
complete crock of sh*t never once entered my mind -- nor would I
*ever* consider sharing any such silly thoughts with any of you.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 7th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RomeoMike

Jay Honeck wrote:

I agree. As we sit here, shivering in record cold temperatures (wind
chills near zero tonight), the thought that global warming might be a
complete crock of sh*t never once entered my mind -- nor would I
*ever* consider sharing any such silly thoughts with any of you.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Here I sit in the southwest; it's already 90 deg. outside. The globe
must be warming faster than they say. Your statement and mine equally
meaningless and narrow.
Old April 7th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 6 Apr, 23:24, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
But since that subject (and my opinion on it) has nothing to do with
piloting I'm not going to share it. I hope by making this posting that I
can hint to others that they direct their opinions on that subject to more
appropriate forums.

I agree. As we sit here, shivering in record cold temperatures (wind
chills near zero tonight), the thought that global warming might be a
complete crock of sh*t never once entered my mind -- nor would I
*ever* consider sharing any such silly thoughts with any of you.

Thing is, the proposal is that the average temperature
is increasing. One effect of that is expected to be
increases in the energy of weather systems.
No one is suggesting that it is going to be hotter
everywhere all of the time.

One outcome (and this is a big stretch I think) is
that the Gulf Stream could switch off in which case
the weather in the UK could become similar to the
present weather in Labrador.
If that turns out to be correct then global warming will
have caused a reduction in the winter temperature
in North Western Europe.

These predictions are coming from the application
of the same tools and techniques that have made
reliable weather forecasts an everyday proposition.

Ignoring the atmospheric changes that the burning
of fossil fuels has caused (and this appears to me
to be indisputable - carbon was in ground, is now in
atmosphere) and assuming that it will not adversely
affect the climate is only an option for those that have
no interest in the continuation of the human civilisation.

If I was an active private (or other) pilot I would be
concerned that my costs were going to rise
due to legislative and market changes triggered
by concern about global warming and of
course any 'leisure' activity involving the
use of fossil fuels is likely to be the subject of
unwelcome attention. However, there is a LONG
way to go in the improvement of the performance
of gerneral aviation engines and this is likely
to keep the baying mob happy for some
time.

Clearly there are capital cost implications
for this.

Wishing you all well and happy flying.

lowrance 500 opinion d&tm Piloting 2 March 17th 07 07:57 AM
Aviation Conspiracy: CBS Spotlights Aviation's Effect On Global Warming!!! Free Speaker General Aviation 1 August 3rd 06 07:24 PM
Your opinion about helmets? Dave Russell Aerobatics 8 March 13th 04 03:32 PM
Opinion on club share Paul Folbrecht Owning 10 January 8th 04 06:17 AM
Opinion on this please Frederick Wilson Home Built 11 December 24th 03 07:01 PM