fss attitudes

Old January 4th 04, 04:46 AM
ross watson

Default fss attitudes

I, too, have had a variety of good and bad. One time I did have a
particularly bad experience and immediately requested a supervisor. I took
my briefing from the supervisor and asked for the mailing address to file a
complaint. I might be dreaming but I did get a written response from that
supervisor stating that the particular briefer received counseling
concerning his attitude and I didn't get any mediocre treatment for some
time after that. The suggestion to ask for a certain briefer by name or
initials (if you're lucky enough to find one who isn't afraid to be
accountable for his info) is a good one. Sometimes, the other briefers will
casually inquire and that's the time you get an indirect jab in about the
quality of briefers in the system these days, etc. My point would be this:
Try taking the time to ask for a supervisor and getting the mailing address
for complaints or attaboys as the case may be. I have a feeling that
written correspondence identifying good or bad within the faa system may
weigh heavier than we think. FWIW.