Initial CFI Exam

Old October 2nd 15, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Initial CFI Exam

I'm interested in corresponding with anyone who has done an initial CFI in gliders with an FAA-provided examiner in the last year or two.

thanks,

Evan Ludeman
Old October 3rd 15, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

I did mine in 2003 with an approved DPE. Not really within the last two years, but it's a start.
BillT
Old October 3rd 15, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp

Evan,

VT just had another CFIG camp this past week and two of Connecticut Soaring's members got their CFIG. One was an initial CFIG approved by the Windsor Locks FSDO for a DPE out of the area. The other I believe was an add on rating to a CFI certificate. If you'd like more details I can put you in contact with all the participants.
Old October 3rd 15, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 2:12:22 AM UTC-4, Greg Delp wrote:
Evan,

VT just had another CFIG camp this past week and two of Connecticut Soaring's members got their CFIG. One was an initial CFIG approved by the Windsor Locks FSDO for a DPE out of the area. The other I believe was an add on rating to a CFI certificate. If you'd like more details I can put you in contact with all the participants.

Thanks Greg -- I was one of the camp attendees :-). About which, more another time. It was a very good week.

Our DPE found himself unexpectedly without authorization for initial CFI. So we're starting from scratch on Monday with the Portland FSDO.

I'm mostly trying to find out if the FAA has ever conducted glider checkrides in the Northeast and who was involved.

best,
Evan Ludeman
Old October 3rd 15, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Evan,

I did my FAA Pvt Glider check ride with FAA Inspector Bill Fitzgerald at Ridge Soaring. He flew up from Lubbock, Texas. A very thorough gentleman.

CJ
Old October 3rd 15, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 5:18:04 PM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
I'm interested in corresponding with anyone who has done an initial CFI in gliders with an FAA-provided examiner in the last year or two.

thanks,

Evan Ludeman

Contact "UH", I believe we have had a couple "Initial CFIG's" done at our place in the last couple years.
I believe HHSC has a member that can do them as well, or at least knows one. I know Monty (of M&H) used to do renewals.

My initial was a looooong time ago out of the Teterboro FSDO, I know he moved on long ago.
Old October 3rd 15, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp

You might be able to get Marilyn Pearson (one of two of the FAA's national glider resources) at the Windsor Locks FSDO to give the ride. She is doing some other duties as assigned with the DC office or something but it might be worth calling her.
Old October 3rd 15, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Hanke

We have one in Saratoga Springs, NY that can do initial CFIG's. He works with the Albany FSDO.
E-mail me for the name and number if you need it.

Tim

Old October 4th 15, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

James (Jim) Martin of the Finger Lakes Soaring Club in Dansville, NY is a DPE working out of the Rochester, NY FSDO.

He can do Intial CFI-Glider Practical Exams.

Jim has more than 10,000 hours in Airplanes and over 2,000 hours in Gliders. He is very experienced, thorough and fair examiner.

Jim gave me my CFI-G Practical Test in August, 2015.

Chuck Zabinski
Finger Lakes Soarng Club
Old October 5th 15, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 5:18:04 PM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
I'm interested in corresponding with anyone who has done an initial CFI in gliders with an FAA-provided examiner in the last year or two.

thanks,

Evan Ludeman

Evan,
You may want to talk to Steve Brown who was at your camp (for a few days anyways). He may be eligible to do the check ride. I believe he will be at Gorham for a couple of days although I think he is planning on instructing at 1Bg the first weekend.