AOPA credit card --- WARNING.

Old November 27th 04, 01:32 PM
mike regish

Let's see now, I seem to recall something about WMD.

They don't still let you push tin, do they?

mike regish

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
.net...

"mike regish" wrote in message

Using the wrong excuse to invade Iraq.

Many reasons were given for invading Iraq. Which were wrong?

Old November 27th 04, 01:40 PM
Rich

I accept what you say, Chuck, and agree that there ARE people who are in
debt due to circumstances beyond their control (although I don't believe
this is true for MOST people who are in debt).

What I'm saying is that borrowing, especially with a credit card, will
ONLY make matters worse for such a person (family). They MUST find some
way to increase their income or decrease their expenses. It's that
simple, and whining that they don't WANT to reduce their standard of
living (including having internet access) won't change the basic truth
of it.

Rich

Chuck wrote:

And some people like me are financially strapped and do not have the money
to save after the bills are paid.

When I got married, my wife got hurt and we ended up getting behind on bills
because she couldn't work for almost a year. Everytime we see daylight,
something happens and we get sucked back into the hole again.

The point that I keep trying to make is that some people are not able to
save because of their financial situation. It seems that most in this NG
don't seem to understand that.

I do take offense to being called a sucker and an idiot because I have 1
credit card that I am paying interest on. In my situation, I have no choice.

If you want to call people who have 15 credit cards with balances and they
buy big screen TV's, stereos, jewelry, etc on credit, I will agree with you
then, but think about the persons situation before you call people names...

Old November 27th 04, 01:40 PM
mike regish

You're the one buying the propoganda, Stevie boy. Hook, line and sinker.

That's understandable since there seem to be very few working brain cells
left in you cranium.

You're not still pushing tin, are you?

mike regish

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message

Nonsense. You're entitled to your own opinions but you're not entitled to
your own facts. The fact is you've bought the propaganda.

Old November 27th 04, 01:40 PM
mike regish

I'd say he's an excellent judge of character in your case.

mike regish

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Mike V." wrote in message

Were you born a prick or did you learn to become one?

Neither. Were you born a poor judge of character or did you learn to
become one?

Sorry. My mistake. I thought you were a prick but evidently you are a
douche bag.

I answered your question. Why wont you answer mine?

Old November 27th 04, 01:44 PM
mike regish

My folks always taught me to pay cash, which I did for a long time. But then
I found out that in some cases, prices went up practically as fast as I
could save the cash for them, and I didn't have anything to base a credit
rating on, so I got loans and credit cards. Pretty much worked out the same
and I had the things when I wanted them.

mike regish

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

I truly feel sorry for people in your situation. However, it doesn't
change the mathematics. If you have no excess income to save, where do
you find the extra money to pay the interest on the credit card?

Matt

Old November 27th 04, 01:49 PM
Rich

I don't KNOW if YOUR luxuries are excessive.

I DID read that you have had some financial setbacks, and aren't able to
save even $20 per month. I think I remember that you are using credit
cards to finance your purchases... at high credit card rates.

IF it were ME, I would choose to bypass some of these luxuries in order
not to get further behind... and be able to afford good things to
enhance my children's education and get a good start in life.

Life is about choices, Chuck, and their consequences.

Rich

Chuck wrote:

Oh... OK.... well, are my luxuries excessive? Apparently, you already had
your opinion of me and my luxuries...

Old November 27th 04, 01:54 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:06:27 -0500, Matt Whiting
wrote:

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:52:32 -0500, Matt Whiting
wrote:

How is Canada these days? I haven't visited since before 9/11 due to
the hassles at the border. It was bad enough before.

Hassles? Where?

Niagara Falls.

Matt

Maybe because of more tourists?

We live in Perry, Maine and we cross the border at Calais/St. Stephen at
least weekly, frequently more often. Usually for shopping or other
errands. No problems going either way.

We did have some occasional quick vehicle searches coming in for probably
six months after 9/11, but nothing recently.

Old November 27th 04, 02:00 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

Let's see now, I seem to recall something about WMD.

So your position is Bush was wrong about WMD but right on the other reasons
given. Is that correct?

Old November 27th 04, 02:02 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

I'd say he's an excellent judge of character in your case.

You're entitled to your opinion. You're wrong, of course, but you are
entitled to your opinion.

Old November 27th 04, 02:13 PM
mike regish

Didn't think your narrow mind could wrap itself around more than one thing
at a time. Since I never said anything about his other reasons, it is
impossible to make the conclusion you have jumped to without using seriously
flawed reasoning, but that is exactly what I would expect from you, or any
Bushie, for that matter.