Best Gliding Club Web Site

Old November 12th 03, 02:30 AM
Milton Hare

Here are some Northern California soaring sites created by my friend
Brian Choate working both as a volunteer and through his web design
company - I think he's done some nice work, especially the photography
and awesome flight stories. He also donated hosting for the BLIPMAP
site in its early days.

Lots of videos and flight stories, including the first flight from
Central California to Tahoe (that's going over Yosemite the hard way,
believe me) and a miraculous straight out almost to the Mexican border
from the SF Bay Area. The sites are for our home fields (the FBO and
club for each).

http://www.soarhollister.com (Brian's home field - nice new interface)

http://www.williamssoaring.com (my home field - great content, active
forum, soaring webcam)

http://www.valleysoaring.net (our brand new club site - pretty
interface, still adding content)

http://www.bayareasoaring.com (the local club at Hollister - basic
site, good content)

http://www.soaringnet.org (our little volunteer web site with a cool
Northern Cal soaring site map, links to the awesome Peter Kelly
Soaring Diary and some other interesting things.)

http://www.soaringnet.org/bc/index.htm (Really great multimedia flight
write-ups)

Best,

Milt

m i l t o n h a r e at s o a r i n g n e t dot o r g
Old November 12th 03, 07:47 PM
Milton Hare

Corrected url for the Hollister, California BASA club site... (also
flies at Truckee and Minden).

http://www.flybasa.org/index1.htm

Old November 17th 03, 08:30 AM
Aspley Nursery

What a great idea. I will go and look at the sites and get our webmaster to
provide links if appropriate.
Try my clubs site in Australia. We use the net a lot for weather (station
and cam available), to book aircraft, swap info etc. Certainly has helped
our club grow as good communication always does. www.ddsc.org.au.

"Tony Verhulst" wrote in message
Charles Petersen wrote:
I have to nominate www.yorksoaring.com

Agreed. And their introduction to soaring (
http://www.yorksoaring.com/whatissoaring.html ) is so good that my club
stole it. Well.... actually, we provided a link to their site.

Tony V.
http://www.soargbsc.org