Abuse of a significant gliding club financial legacy etc

Old July 17th 19, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grenville Croll

Default Abuse of a significant gliding club financial legacy etc

https://arxiv.org/abs/1801.10249

"During the last few years members expressed through a series of informal
meetings with the directors and a series of resolutions at Annual General
Meetings an increasing desire that the directors replace or upgrade the
technical assets with more up to date technology"

The directors did f*all despite a hundred grand in the bank and profitable
continuing operations.

They then acquired a EuroFox tug via a thirty grand donation which has
proven to be very unreliable. The engine is so unreliable that the engine
has partially or totally cut out on at least 2 of 10 separate incidents,
one of which I personally witnessed.

I have 1500 hours gliding and all three diamonds.

I despair.

Old July 17th 19, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I read this a couple times......

Are you ranting, warning, or something else?

I will guess ranting based on limited info.....
Old July 17th 19, 11:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 10:28:30 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
I read this a couple times......

Are you ranting, warning, or something else?

I will guess ranting based on limited info.....

Guess he is ranting about the BOD and their way of spending money. We had the same problem in our club with a member doing his best to ruin our club. He finally got smart and hauled his glider away and hopefully will never return. Guess the old saying goes, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Old July 17th 19, 01:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grenville Croll

I apologise for this posting and have requested that this thread be
deleted. It was an inappropriate use of this forum.

Old July 18th 19, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Haha good luck with that!
Old July 18th 19, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 5:15:05 AM UTC-7, Grenville Croll wrote:
I apologise for this posting and have requested that this thread be
deleted. It was an inappropriate use of this forum.

Nuke the entire USENET from orbit--it's the only way to be sure.

Club Financial Package Rolf Soaring 10 January 24th 10 05:05 AM
Kent Gliding Club (UK) Justin Fielding Soaring 2 June 27th 05 07:30 PM
Best Gliding Club Web Site Clint Soaring 12 November 17th 03 09:30 AM
Cheapest Club (was Best Gliding Club Website) Clint Soaring 20 November 15th 03 05:49 AM
Gliding club in Denmark Søren Laursen Soaring 0 November 12th 03 11:19 AM