Hotelier safety sleeves

Old August 27th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Hotelier safety sleeves

Any one know if there is a US source for the Wefkind (sp?) safety
sleaves.

Are they even being produced anymore?

I need 5 of them if anyone has some stashed somewhere.

Thanks

Al

Old August 30th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Wedekind sleeves are much, much better than the alternatives (pins or
Uerling sleeves).

I happened to be part of the DG Yahoo group and someone offered 5 sets
for sale for a DG-200 (which will most likely work for the DG-10x).
Email me and I will share his address.

I bought my Wedekind sleeves from McLean Aviation (UK LS DG Dealer).
Nice folks.
However their Wedekind information didn't cover the DG airbrake
installation sleeves that they sold me.

York, UK 01904-738-653
http://www.mclean-aviation.com/

Also see http://geocities.com/jhderosa/aviation/wedekind which shows
how I installed the sleeves.

Old August 30th 07, 09:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Reed[_1_]

I've just remembered that Wedekinds come in (three?) different types,
depending on the type of Hotelier. Make sure you get the right kind.
Old August 30th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

At 08:48 30 August 2007, Chris Reed wrote:
I've just remembered that Wedekinds come in (three?)
different types,
depending on the type of Hotelier. Make sure you get
the right kind.

You might find that only one type are now available.

About 4 years ago I needed a set for a Std Cirrus.
I bought 4 from MacLean Aviation but returned them
because they did not look exactly the same as the pictures
in the Tech Note. I got one from Schempp-Hirth and
found it was exactly the same as the DG ones from Bob
MacLean I had returned. I tried to buy back the ones
I had returned but Bob had sold them and had no more.
I could not find another source worldwide. Eventually
Herr Wedikind made another batch which were the same
again but which turned out to fit the Cirrus OK.
I think that some of these ended up with Southern Sailpanes
and some with MacLean Aviation.

John Galloway

Old August 31st 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Malcolm Austin

I happened out of interest to look at the McLean site using the link below.
BUT the site seems to be hi-jacked by another totally non gliding web
page?

Wonder if anyone else has the same problem?

oups.com...

Old August 31st 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Malcolm Austin

Should have checked this before the previous message.
The UK site does not have a hyphen in the web address.

http://www.mcleanaviation.co.uk/ works and is correct.

"Malcolm Austin" wrote in message
[...]

Wedekind Safety Sleeves ContestID67 Soaring 3 March 5th 07 01:04 PM
Hints on Securing L'Hotellier with Wedekind Sleeves ContestID67 Soaring 0 December 1st 05 09:29 PM
Uerling Safety Sleeves BDS Soaring 0 September 20th 05 08:02 PM
Wedekind Safety Sleeves Huds Soaring 5 May 8th 05 03:07 AM
Source for Wedekind sleeves - AS-W20a Mark Grubb Soaring 7 April 6th 04 08:19 PM