Cars are much more dangerous than planes

Old August 13th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.europe
Doesn't Frequently Mop

Default Cars are much more dangerous than planes

Make credence recognised that on Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:17:50 +0200,
Martin has scripted:

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 15:55:19 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Thomas Borchert writes:

Well, on here, they are in the vast majority.

No, they are not. A squeaky wheel makes more noise than all other wheels
combined, but it still represents a minority of wheels.

From your blog (which you
since pulled from your site - I can guess why) it was very apparent that in
real life, those frustrated with you (or rather, annoyed) are in the
majority, too.

I never had a blog.

Nor much of a memory for facts.

That post came out of nowhere, and I can't find it on Google. Did Mixi
really say that?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old August 13th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.europe
dgs[_2_]

"Doesn't Frequently Mop" wrote in
message ...

Make credence recognised that on Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:17:50 +0200,
Martin has scripted:

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 15:55:19 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Thomas Borchert writes:

From your blog (which you
since pulled from your site - I can guess why) [...]

I never had a blog.

Nor much of a memory for facts.

That post came out of nowhere, and I can't find it on Google. Did Mixi
really say that?

Yes, and he's said it more than once. Apparently, the "Paris Journal"
he had at aprenta.blogspot.com was not a blog, even if it was a blog.

When is a blog not a blog? When Anthony Atkielski says so.
--
dgs

Old August 14th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.europe
NW_Pilot

Yes, cars are more dangerous becuse a lot of drivers out there are on some
sort of anti depresent / pansypill!!! wich most side effects are worse than
alcohol.

Old August 14th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.europe
Gattman[_2_]

"NW_Pilot" wrote in message
. ..
Yes, cars are more dangerous becuse a lot of drivers out there are on some
sort of anti depresent / pansypill!!! wich most side effects are worse
than alcohol.

In terms of noncommercial (or even commercial) use, I'd like to see a
statistic comparing boaters to pilots.

Did you get a chance see the PT boat and WWII-era LCI(L) in Portland last
week? There were a whole bunch of pre-1945 wooden boats tied up on the
Riverplace dock. The Spirit of Portland cruise ship came by with barely a
wake, and then a moment later some jackass in a Bayliner river cruiser
swooped by for a close look at the boats. Didn't even slow down. His wake
washed onto the dock, but more importantly, random dock visitors had to hold
off one boat that was tied up to keep its hull from grinding against the
wood. After the water settled you could see bits of wood floating around
where all the boats had bounced up against it.

I saw a commercial river towboat take off after him...I suspect to report
him to the Coast Guard, which had passed a few minutes earlier to bust some
other idiot.

-c

Old August 14th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.europe
AZ Nomad

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:58:58 -0700, NW_Pilot wrote:

Yes, cars are more dangerous becuse a lot of drivers out there are on some
sort of anti depresent / pansypill!!! wich most side effects are worse than
alcohol.

Hardly. They're more dangerous than ever do to today's instant
gratification society: me first, **** you. No problem running somebody
off the road if it means waiting a second less.