EAA Museum

Old August 23rd 03, 02:03 AM
Errol Groff

Default EAA Museum

A photo essay of my visit to the Experimental Aircraft Association
AirVenture Museum has been posted at

http://newenglandmodelengineeringsoc...008_2003/1.htm

Errol Groff
Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Tech
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

http://pages.cthome.net/errol.groff/

http://newenglandmodelengineeringsociety.org/
Old August 23rd 03, 04:04 AM
RobertR237

In article , Errol Groff
writes:

A photo essay of my visit to the Experimental Aircraft Association
AirVenture Museum has been posted at

http://newenglandmodelengineeringsoc...008_2003/1.htm

Errol Groff
Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Tech
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

http://pages.cthome.net/errol.groff/

http://newenglandmodelengineeringsociety.org/

Errol,

Great presentation and thanks. I was lucky this year to visit the museum early
on Sunday morning before anybody else had arrived. I had almost an hour to
enjoy the museum and take vidio before anyone else arrived. It was great to be
able to take the time to enjoy the presentatioins without a crowd around. It
appears from your photos that you were able to enjoy the same experience.

Thanks again for sharing with everyone.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 23rd 03, 04:23 AM
Tim Williams

"Errol Groff" wrote in message
A photo essay of my visit to the Experimental Aircraft Association
AirVenture Museum has been posted at

http://newenglandmodelengineeringsoc...008_2003/1.htm

I seem to remember that from years ago, thanks for the memories.

About the web page, is the right arrow supposed to be a dead link?

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Old August 23rd 03, 12:32 PM
David O

Errol Groff wrote:

A photo essay of my visit to the Experimental Aircraft Association
AirVenture Museum has been posted at

http://newenglandmodelengineeringsoc...008_2003/1.htm

Errol Groff

Hey Errol! I see you've sort of adopted my "Oshkosh Scrapbook" format
as per our emails last year.

Here are some corrections and comments.

1) The background color on pages 1 and 3 defaults to my browser's
default background color while the rest of the pages have a white
background.

2) Your left arrows are disabled and your right arrow links are
broken. Perhaps the easiest fix is to simply remove the arrows from
your presentation.

3) The biplane on page 3 is an exact flying replica of the Laird Super
Solution in which Jimmy Doolittle won the 1931 Bendix Trophy race and
set a new cross country record. The replica was completed in December
of 2000 after more than 10,000 man-hours of work over a 2 1/2 year
period.

4) The jet on page 5 is the Williams V-Jet II. Here is a link to more
info,
http://www.lerc.nasa.gov/WWW/AST/GAP/wi0697.htm
and here is some inside poop -- Rutan didn't like the V tail and
thought a single vertical stab would be better but the plane was a
marketing tool for Williams engines and had to look snazzy so Williams
insisted on a V tail.

5) Page 12. The name of the character in the James Bond flick is
"Pussy Galore". The name of the *plane* is "Pushy Galore".

6) Page 13. "Loving's Love" was designed and built between 1947 and
1951 as a pylon racer by Neal Loving, a black man. Neal lost both of
his legs in an airplane crash in 1944 but used prostheses. After
completing his "Love" in 1951, Neal began racing it in the National
Air Races. Neal would later fly the plane from Detroit to Jamaica and
back. The plane in the museum is Loving's original. A few other
Loving's Loves have been built but only one remains flying today.

Cheers,

David O -- http://www.AirplaneZone.com -- Still working on this year's
Oshkosh Scrapbook

Old August 23rd 03, 05:40 PM
Bob Engelhardt

Errol Groff wrote:
... http://newenglandmodelengineeringsoc...008_2003/1.htm

Weird: Netscape converted the link to:
http://newenglandmodelengineeringsoc...r/rice1111.css

Which was "404 Not found"

IE opened it fine.

Bob
Old August 23rd 03, 11:22 PM
Peter Dohm

Tim Williams wrote:

"Errol Groff" wrote in message
A photo essay of my visit to the Experimental Aircraft Association
AirVenture Museum has been posted at

http://newenglandmodelengineeringsoc...008_2003/1.htm

I seem to remember that from years ago, thanks for the memories.

About the web page, is the right arrow supposed to be a dead link?

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

The arrows work fine for Netscape 4.61

Thanks for a great tour!

Peter
Old August 27th 03, 04:37 AM
Eastburn

mY netscape didn't have any problem with it.
I'm using a real version not the AOL version. Guess I should upgrade
some day.

Just been using the real stuff for so many years.

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Old August 27th 03, 01:02 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Eastburn wrote:

mY netscape didn't have any problem with it.
I'm using a real version not the AOL version. Guess I should upgrade
some day.

Just been using the real stuff for so many years.

Martin

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry, but not at all true.

The REAL DEAL is.....

MOZILLA.

Nutscrape is a cheap knockoff.

Barnyard BOb - I have seen the light, Dave O.

Old August 28th 03, 04:51 AM
Eastburn

Bob - I just deleted MOSAIC from my other computer - that was the FIRST.
I was a Beta site for it and again when Netscape became a company (just
before)
was the Beta site for the first Netscape.

MOZILLA is the latest spin-off that took some of the firsts.

Martin [ I'm talking years ago not in the last couple. ]

Old August 28th 03, 11:45 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Bob - I just deleted MOSAIC from my other computer - that was the FIRST.
I was a Beta site for it and again when Netscape became a company (just
before)
was the Beta site for the first Netscape.

MOZILLA is the latest spin-off that took some of the firsts.

Martin [ I'm talking years ago not in the last couple. ]
--
Martin Eastburn

Yeah....
Ran MOSAIC, myself.

However, several of years ago with teary eyes....
I let all that NEWER stuff go, along with all the
CP/M programs stored on 8 inch floppies. g

As a pack rat, I thought I was doing pretty good.
However, I'm probably not in the winner's circle.

Barnyard BOb --