Moncton Flight College - feedback?

Old December 30th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Moncton Flight College - feedback?

Greetings:

I was just wondering if anyone in this newsgroup has ever heard of
Moncton Flight College? I was told that they are one of the leading and
most recognized flight colleges in North America. The school has been
in existence since 1929.

I've been entertaining the idea of going for my CPL and since I live in
Moncton, MFC would be a perfect school in my situation. The only
concern that I have is that I'm 28 years old, currently working in IT..
so this would be a major career change with no guarantees of being able
to find a job when I'm done the 2 year diploma.

Any advice/recommendations greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Serge

Old December 30th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Thanks for your response! I think that's good advice. In fact, one
option that I'm considering is joining the Canadian Forces and see if I
can get a flying career going that way. I know they're looking for
pilots right now and I think it might be a good way to kick start a
career in avition. Well that's if I meet all of their criterions. The
hardest part will be to give up a career in IT and start all over
again, especially financially.

Thanks again,
Serge

Newps wrote:
They are not. In either category. You really should have a four year
degree if you want to be a professional pilot and the two leading and
most recognized University flying programs are UND and Purdue, Embry
Riddle is also good but they are a one trick pony as far as education
goes. Since you are already in IT you probably have the degree. If
that's the case just learn to fly at the local FBO and get your ratings
there.

Old December 30th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

My kid wants to go to college to be an airline pilot. I am slowly
trying to dissuade him from that. Right now an airline career sucks and
I don't see it getting better in the distant future. There's no way I'd
ever encourage someone to give up a career to go into aviation. But,
sometimes you gotta follow your dreams.

Old December 31st 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

My kid wants to go to college to be an airline pilot.
I am slowly trying to dissuade him from that.

Don't.

Just ensure that the college he chooses is one in which he has a wide
variety of options. He'll get to college, he'll make his own decisions.
The world is huge.

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old December 31st 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Matt Whiting wrote in news:qwFlh.1948$Oc.121815
@news1.epix.net:

The forecast for IT is worse than the forecast for aviation...

What part of 36% job growth and average pay of $83K don't you like?

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/pf/...secrets/5.html

The part in India, Russia, & China where Software Development is really
taking off.
Old December 31st 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Jose wrote:

My kid wants to go to college to be an airline pilot. I am slowly
trying to dissuade him from that.

Don't.

Just ensure that the college he chooses is one in which he has a wide
variety of options. He'll get to college, he'll make his own decisions.
The world is huge.

My goal is to make sure that if he wants to be a pilot he wants it
really bad.