pilots refuse to fly with gun loons onboard

Old January 2nd 04, 11:17 PM
Ken Ehrett

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:02:05 GMT, "Scout"
wrote:

You'll have a long wait. As I said, it's from personal experience and
personal contacts.

In short, you're telling me that this personal, and "popular" opinion is so
well known and prevalent that not a single SM has EVER told it to a
reporter?

I will simply note that your 3rd person testimony means nothing.

We've noted that about you ever since you typed your first line in
this news group you stupid blowhard.

Old January 2nd 04, 11:32 PM
Bogart

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:04:36 GMT, "Scout"
wrote:

Bwahaha. Nice try, Ken. It's like trying to reason with a moron.

"Ken Ehrett" wrote in message
ws.com...
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:09:02 GMT, "Scout"
wrote:

Isn't it interesting how your notation of how things would work in the
air have absolutely no counterpart on the ground. So tell me, why the

change
in attitude? Is it a function of altitude?

You are one thick dumb son of a bitch.

Well, I'm trying to understand why you feel everything is going to change
because the "building" happens to be airborne.

What the hell is the matter with you? Of course the situation is
different in the air as opposed to on the ground.

Right. Sure. Except it doesn't happen.

What does it take for you to understand the difference between a
situation where you are between a rock and a hard place verses a
situation where you have choices that don't involve being killed. If
you see someone being mugged on the street you have at least three
choices. You can just ignore the situation and mind your own
business, you can go look for a policeman or you can risk your life by
intervening to help the victim. Two of those choices do not involve
personal risk. If you are on an airplane that is being commandeered
by lunatics hell bent on killing everyone on board you have little to
lose attacking the hijackers.

Yep, even on the ground people do help out, and oddly I'm not aware of any
cases where the undercover officer trying to arrest the criminal is the one
who is jumped by bystanders.

I've explained this to you twice already and explaining it to you again

is a waste of time.

No, you made strange assertions which make no sense.

They obviously don't make sense to a disfunctional troglodyte like
yourself who seems to like having an argument just for the sake of
arguing. ****ing moron.

Well, you make claims about their opinions, can't support those claims, and
those claims seem contrary to established facts....so tell me again why I
should blindly accept your unsupported claims?

You don't seem to be able to comprehend human nature.

And having a plane load of unarmed people is BETTER to stop them, than
having a SM on board?

In this era that is probably true. Rest assured, the passengers are
not going to sit around like sheep these days against some turd with a
box cutter and a sky marshal could easily end up shooting a hole in
the plane. Guns are extremely dangerous on a pressurized aircraft.

Oh, God, not the utterly ignorant and stupid assertion that a bullet hole
will cause an explosive decompression of the aircraft.

Ok, at this point, it is quite clear that you don't have any idea what
you're talking about. Even a person that has done even the least amount of
research, much less one that knows all the SMs you claim, would know that a
bullet hole in a modern airliner is NOT, repeat NOT, a problem.

Come back when you know what you're talking about.

Old January 2nd 04, 11:36 PM
Bogart

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:17:38 GMT, "Morton Davis"
wrote:

" Bogart " wrote in message
ws.com...
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:12:43 GMT, "Scout"
wrote:

" Bogart " wrote in message
ws.com...

You're claiming a locked bulletproof door gave way to ramming from a
drink cart? Cite please.

Already provided.

Finally, by Mort.

Oh, and I will note your vast experience and personal knowledge is
somewhat..........limited.

You seem to think repeating this over and over is somehow going to
affect or offend me. Why?

I found the info in another post.

I got your post but not the other. Oh well, I appreciate you
reposting the link again, Mort.

-*MORT*-

Old January 2nd 04, 11:39 PM
Bogart

wrote:

" Bogart " wrote in message
ws.com...

You're claiming a locked bulletproof door gave way to ramming from a
drink cart? Cite please.

Already provided.

Finally, by Mort.

No actually the message I refer to is by Jim Yanik. Which was posted almost
24 hours before your reply. However, perhaps you hadn't gotten to that
message yet. I do note that you have chosen not to respond to his message to
date.

Never heard of Jim Yanik. Was it posted to alt.nuke.the.usa? If not,
I didn't see it. Mort took care of Jim's oversight.

Old January 2nd 04, 11:46 PM
Morton Davis

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..

"Dave Whitmarsh" wrote in message
s.com...
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:23:00 GMT, "Morton Davis"
wrote:

"Yardpilot" wrote in message

" Bogart " wrote in message
s.com...
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 18:04:33 GMT, "Scout"
wrote:

" Bogart " wrote in message
ws.com...
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:08:13 GMT, "Scout"
wrote:

"Bill Funk" wrote in message
news On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:37:33 -0700, "Kevin McCue"
wrote:

Wanna bet your life that they wouldn't miss? I wouldn't.

I'd
rather
deal
with the terrorist.
Since the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity seems to think

that
the
terrorist are likely trained ATP's how will the Air Marshal

stop
them
when
they are locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof

cockpit
door?

The only way a terrorist could get behind that locked, bullet
proof
door is for someone to open it.
The British pliots (or rather, their union) seem to think

that
having
the pilots open that door is a really good idea.

Right, which is why it was managed to be opened by a couple of
people
armed
with nothing more than a drink cart.

How did they open a locked bullet proof door with a drink cart?

They rammed the door with it.

You're claiming a locked bulletproof door gave way to ramming from

drink cart?

I don't see why it couldn't happen. A bullet proof vest won't sto0p

an
icepick.

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/A...shalsWSJE.html

" Reinforced cockpit doors are now in place, but because of engineering
constraints few experts have much faith in their effectiveness. Last
summer, on a bet to test the doors' strength, an overnight cleaning
crew at Dulles Airport near Washington, D.C. rammed a drink cart into
one of the new doors on a United Airlines plane. The door reportedly
broke off its hinges. The doors for European airlines generally provide
even less protection."

-*MORT*-

A tripod webpage as a cite? C'mon Mort, you can't truly be serious
here boy.

Fine, then go to the source.

According to a report in Aviation Week and Space Technology magazine,a
cleaning crew 'tested' a new reinforced cockpit door by ramming it with a
beverage cart,and knocked the door off it's hinges.

Angkor can't be bothered to actually click on a link.

-*MORT*-

Old January 2nd 04, 11:48 PM
Morton Davis

wrote:

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/A...shalsWSJE.html

" Reinforced cockpit doors are now in place, but because of engineering
constraints few experts have much faith in their effectiveness. Last
summer, on a bet to test the doors' strength, an overnight cleaning
crew at Dulles Airport near Washington, D.C. rammed a drink cart into
one of the new doors on a United Airlines plane. The door reportedly
broke off its hinges. The doors for European airlines generally provide
even less protection."

Thanks Mort. Scout seems too lazy to provide the cite himself.

Actually, I found it in a post by Cole Firearms in another thread.

-*MORT*-

Old January 2nd 04, 11:49 PM
Bogart

wrote:

You'll have a long wait. As I said, it's from personal experience and
personal contacts.

In short, you're telling me that this personal, and "popular" opinion is so
well known and prevalent that not a single SM has EVER told it to a
reporter?

I will simply note that your 3rd person testimony means nothing.

We've noted that about you ever since you typed your first line in
this news group you stupid blowhard.

Scout thinks we're all from his aviation newsgroup. Bwahaha...etc.
Old January 2nd 04, 11:52 PM
Bogart

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:48:40 GMT, "Morton Davis"
wrote:

ws.com...
wrote:

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/A...shalsWSJE.html

" Reinforced cockpit doors are now in place, but because of engineering
constraints few experts have much faith in their effectiveness. Last
summer, on a bet to test the doors' strength, an overnight cleaning
crew at Dulles Airport near Washington, D.C. rammed a drink cart into
one of the new doors on a United Airlines plane. The door reportedly
broke off its hinges. The doors for European airlines generally provide
even less protection."

Thanks Mort. Scout seems too lazy to provide the cite himself.

Actually, I found it in a post by Cole Firearms in another thread.

Interesting. Scout claims a Jim Yanik posted it. Either way, thanks
again as I saw neither post.

-*MORT*-

Old January 3rd 04, 12:13 AM
Dave Whitmarsh

wrote:

You'll have a long wait. As I said, it's from personal experience and
personal contacts.

In short, you're telling me that this personal, and "popular" opinion is so
well known and prevalent that not a single SM has EVER told it to a
reporter?

I will simply note that your 3rd person testimony means nothing.

We've noted that about you ever since you typed your first line in
this news group you stupid blowhard.

Snout has already spanked your Bogart sock, Sable, is your Kensock
feeling a little masochistic as well? Snout has always been lame, but
you, Sarah dear, are even lamer.

--
The Wit and Wisdom of Mort Davis:

On Empathy:
"Nick is ignoirant."
On his sexual habits:
"Box cutters could easily be concealed in shoes, up the rectum or vagina"

On American children rummaging through rubbish for food:
"True, ythey gewt the inbrads in Parliment to do it"

His neo-con solution for world peace:
"When Europe ****s itsself again, I suggest we drop nukes on it until no
human life remains."

Displaying that he's yet another lamer with a sticky
Caps Lock key who believes that anyone cares about the
contents of his killfile:
"Keep changing those fake idents, I have plenty more room in the old
killfile, ****TARD."
Old January 3rd 04, 12:33 AM
Bogart

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 00:37:12 GMT, AH#49 "Asshole™#49"@ your.net
wrote:

Bogart wrote:

Never heard of Jim Yanik. Was it posted to alt.nuke.the.usa? If not,
I didn't see it.

Then THAT proves that you are indeed a mental midget, as all you do is
watch and post to that retarded, newsgroup!

I've posted in tpg. Does that make _you_ a mental midget?