Bob Holliday Downwind Dash, too!

Old April 8th 14, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Bob Holliday Downwind Dash, too!

Fellow KSA Member Bob Holliday launched from Sunflower Gliderport in his PIK-20E (I believe), and is currently near Terrell, Texas.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...HTE0VC0LeB Jb

Spring Go South weather has arrived in Kansas!

Go, guys, go!!!!!

Steve

Old April 8th 14, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Two Shoes (Judson Knowles)

All you guys from Kansas heading south.... Is that because Texas sucks?? ;o)-
Old April 8th 14, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 5:32:40 PM UTC-5, Two Shoes (Judson Knowles) wrote:
All you guys from Kansas heading south.... Is that because Texas sucks?? ;o)-

And Nebraska blows. But, that is another story. ;-)

We don't have mountains to make waves, so we chase cold fronts. Not sure what we would do if we actually caught one, though. Sort of like the dog chasing cars, I guess. :-)

Old April 9th 14, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Wow, an impressive flight going there!

He's going to run out of land mass pretty soon though. He needs to decide whether to head over to Mexico or down to Florida.
Old April 9th 14, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

A track point right over the runway at Palestine...
Jim
Old April 9th 14, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Looks like Bob may have landed at Palestine, Texas. 442 miles from Sunflower in about 5.5 hours.

Fabulous flight!
Old April 9th 14, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Two Shoes (Judson Knowles)

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 5:37:38 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:
Looks like Bob may have landed at Palestine, Texas. 442 miles from Sunflower in about 5.5 hours.

Fabulous flight!

You Kansas boys KILLED it today!
Old April 9th 14, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Nice flight Bob!
Old April 9th 14, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 7:47:32 PM UTC-5, Two Shoes (Judson Knowles) wrote:
Fabulous flight! You Kansas boys KILLED it today!

Hey, those two are good pilots! Can't wait to see the logs. Should be more than just a few records.

Old April 9th 14, 05:15 AM
Brad Alston Brad Alston is offline
Member

Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Leonard[_2_] View Post
Looks like Bob may have landed at Palestine, Texas. 442 miles from Sunflower in about 5.5 hours.

Fabulous flight!
Absolutely! Great flight Bob, nice going!