Naked Man Runs After Qantas Jet

Old November 5th 04, 05:01 AM
nobody

Default Naked Man Runs After Qantas Jet

Ted Ng wrote:
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain. We will be returning to the
gate because a nude manic-depressive has climbed into the wheel well of our
plane. We regret the inconvenience and hope to be in the air shortly."

"
Ladies and gentlemen, those on the left of the aircraft can see a film crew
shooting another episode of the LAX TV series. In exchange for the free
publicity, Qantas has agreed to play their game and as a result we'll have a
slight delay.

If you are lucky, you may be able to spot Heather Locklear with a loose blouse
from above. We hope that this would more than compensate for the slight delay.
"
Old November 5th 04, 08:03 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

Sylvia Else wrote in
:

No doubt he'll be prosecuted under legislation that prohibits conduct
that tends to bring airport security into disrepute.

wota fjuking ******
Sylvia.

n-e-w-s wrote:

Naked bid to fly Down Under

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A Canadian man, angry that he was
refused a plane ticket to Australia at Los Angeles International
Airport, stripped naked, sprinted across the tarmac and climbed into
the wheel well of a moving jumbo jet, officials said on Wednesday.

Pilots of the Qantas Airways flight stopped the plane. The man was
coaxed out of the wheel well and arrested for trespassing, said
airport spokeswoman Nancy Castles.

"This was an extremely dangerous thing for him to do. If he had
continued to cling in there with the aircraft taking off at over 200
miles (320 kph) per hour, he might have fallen out and could have been
sucked up by an engine," she said.

"If he had survived that and was in the wheel well when the landing
gear was retracted, he could have been crushed by the mechanism. And
if not he very likely would have frozen to death during the 15 1/2
hour flight at 30,000 feet (9,150 metres) while wearing no clothes."

The man, Neil Melly, 31, tried to buy a one-way ticket on the Qantas
flight on Monday evening, but was turned down because he could not
supply a valid credit card, Castles said.

Later, he managed to climb over an airport fence, topped by three
strands of barbed wire, without injury and was spotted by a ramp
worker "running, naked, full-speed" toward the plane.

Castles said a check by authorities found that Melly had been reported
missing to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and was suffering from
bi-polar disorder, a manic-depressive illness.

Old November 5th 04, 08:05 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

Professeur Von TwoSteps esq. .@. wrote in
:

From : n-e-w-s

The man, Neil Melly, 31, tried to buy a one-way ticket on the Qantas
flight on Monday evening, but was turned down

Naturally he was turned down, *we* don't want any *stoopid* Canadians
*down here*. As a matter of fact *we* don't want *anykinda*
North/South American foreign *stoopids* down here

Our preference is to distance *ourselves* from the everyday
recreational drugs and gay debauchery of Planet America

Yeh. Right.

I been to Sydney, maytee

Bertie
Old November 6th 04, 04:52 AM
anon

John Galban wrote:
"Ted Ng" wrote in message ...

That's some great security at LAX!

That's why they call it LAX :-)

If the recode it, it would no longer be LAX... Would it then be referred
to as Ex-LAX?

Dr.Curtiss runs out of his medicine Toly Instrument Flight Rules 6 August 24th 04 09:41 PM
Dr.Curtiss runs out of his medicine Toly Piloting 11 August 24th 04 09:41 PM
It runs! RobertR237 Home Built 9 September 13th 03 06:01 PM
FORMATIONS, BOMB RUNS AND RADIUS OF ACTION ArtKramr Military Aviation 0 August 10th 03 02:22 AM
Pilot runs out of fuel waiting for security clearance Sydney Hoeltzli Piloting 68 July 19th 03 06:04 PM