Aircraft ownership in Ohio

Old September 6th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Drew Dalgleish

Default Aircraft ownership in Ohio

On 5 Sep 2006 15:32:08 -0700, "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:

"self-serve fuel on the honor system"

whats that? and how does it work?

At the airport where I get my fuel I have a key to the pump and to a
cabinet in the closest hangar. I pump my fuel then write down the
amount in a book in the cabinet that has a special page for my use
only. There's also a box I can put my cheque in when I buy fuel or
before the end of the month if I'm filling up several times. It's a
great system and I'm able to buy gas there for at least $0.25 per
litre less than anywhere else around here.

Old September 6th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
TxSrv

David Lesher wrote:

Wait until you get a snowstorm or two..... no sticker needed for a shock.
And the cost of living there is a fraction of anywhere I've been since...

On the snowstorms part here, I don't agree. For 10 years we've
have mostly "wussy" winters. It is true that the "snow capital"
of Ohio, or about anywhere else in the region, is higher terrain
around Chardon, OH, dead east of Cleveland. Who lives there
anyway. Where I live, adjacent to Lost Nation Airport, too near
Lake Erie for serious lake-effect snows. Untypical of much of
Mentor, OH except for pricey parts, an idyllic, great neighbors,
quiet cul-de-sac street, homes about nestled in the woods. New
3-BDR split $73K in 1983, maybe $150K today if lucky. It's like
about anywhere else in moderate cost areas you choose to live.
Locally shop.

Happenstance home purchase location in 1983, what with the annual
warbird airshow lately at KLNN. This year a B-17, B-24, a
Lancaster, and assorted old cargo aircraft flying short final in
low fly-bys for Rwy 23 atop my house. Neighbors find it cool too.

Fred F.
Old September 6th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
David Lesher

TxSrv writes:

On the snowstorms part here, I don't agree. For 10 years we've
have mostly "wussy" winters. It is true that the "snow capital"
of Ohio, or about anywhere else in the region, is higher terrain
around Chardon, OH, dead east of Cleveland. Who lives there
anyway.

Some guy with his own B-36, but that does not count.....
(Actually; it's in Newbury, but.....)

--
A host is a host from coast to
Old September 8th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Great replies guys. I grew up in the area but have been gone for the
last 20 years. I had a house in Chardon and really liked that area. I
was back for a short visit to that area and it has changed with the new
Wall mart and Home Depot and all the houses. Saw that they finally
tore down the old Broadlawn place on Rt 20 next to Ed Pike. I could
tell some stories about that place.

My Dad ran a power equipment shop on Rt 20 close to the
Mentor-Painesville line for 55 years until I lost him 3 1/2 years ago.
I grew up in that shop. Learned some great lessons from my dad.

There have been periodic returns to the area but not for a relocation
investigation. Last trip was for that purpose.

Still no final decision.

Bob