Callsigns from hell...

Old August 26th 03, 05:36 PM
Allen Epps

In article , Elmshoot
wrote:

WE had two guys in our squadron who were unrelated.
Greg Elcock and Fred Adcock. Yep they became known as the Cock brothers, EL
and
AD. Even ran an article in the base newspaper while on cruise what a hoot.
Then we had a LT. in VAQ-35 who arrived with a call sign of "floater"
Apparently her RAG class went on a ski trip and had an Admin in one of the
hotels. She went into the bathroom by herself. The next guy into the head
discovered a floater left behind. She denied even using that appliance but the
callsign stuck and she would go out of her way to try to stop it.
Sparky

Ahhh good old floater. Legend in her own mind.
Pugs
Old August 26th 03, 11:29 PM
BUFDRVR

She denied even using that appliance but the
callsign stuck and she would go out of her way to try to stop it.

Which is the #1 way of making sure the call sign sticks!

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 26th 03, 11:43 PM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 8/26/03 10:16 AM, in article , "Frank Minich"
wrote:

They're all AM's on paper though.

--Woody

Yikes!

AMS playing with explosive devices.

I don't like the sounds of that.

Frank

I'm with you. I'm not going to defend it either.

--Woody

Old August 29th 03, 11:04 AM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 8/28/03 8:40 AM, in article , "Legal Tender"
wrote:

Spoken like a AMH...
Frank

Try CDR

Old August 30th 03, 04:07 AM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 8/29/03 9:35 AM, in article , "Legal Tender"
wrote:

I should have said "spoken like a AMH or Officer..
Frank

Yep...

Wasn't smart enough to be an AMH.

--Woody

"Doug "Woody" and Erin Beal" wrote in message
On 8/28/03 8:40 AM, in article , "Legal Tender"
wrote:

Spoken like a AMH...
Frank

Try CDR

Old August 30th 03, 04:44 PM
Legal Tender

Sure you were, anybody is at least smart enough to be a AMH..!!
All joking aside if I remember right during the 50's you were AMS or AMH
until you made 2nd, then you were AM.
Sometime by the early 60's they split it again until you made E-9.
They have been talking for years about combining the 2 rates as well as
others Black shoe and Airedale.

wrote:

I should have said "spoken like a AMH or Officer..
Frank

Yep...

Wasn't smart enough to be an AMH.

--Woody

"Doug "Woody" and Erin Beal" wrote in message
On 8/28/03 8:40 AM, in article , "Legal Tender"
wrote:

Spoken like a AMH...
Frank

Try CDR