MSNBC Sucks !

Old June 6th 04, 04:22 PM
me

Default MSNBC Sucks !

I have to vent..

Was anybody else trying to watch the coverage of the d-day ceremonies ?

MSNBC is supposedly covering the d day ceremonies in France. The focus
should be on the event and the men and woman who fought then not the
reporters or the tv program....

The reporters will not shut up and they just cut away from the program were
old warbirds ( c-47, Spitfires, etc..) were flying over the beaches to go to
bulls**t programming they can show later.

If you feel the way I do call msnbc at (201) 583-5000 and tell them what you
think..

Sorry for taking the bandwidth..

Old June 6th 04, 06:14 PM
S Green

"me" wrote in message

I have to vent..

Was anybody else trying to watch the coverage of the d-day ceremonies ?

MSNBC is supposedly covering the d day ceremonies in France. The focus
should be on the event and the men and woman who fought then not the
reporters or the tv program....

The reporters will not shut up and they just cut away from the program

were
old warbirds ( c-47, Spitfires, etc..) were flying over the beaches to go

bulls**t programming they can show later.

If you feel the way I do call msnbc at (201) 583-5000 and tell them what

you
think..

Sorry for taking the bandwidth..

BBC coverage was superb

Old June 6th 04, 06:38 PM
John Fitzpatrick

I couldn't agree more. I got so fed up, I finally shut the damn TV off.
Interestingly enough, for all the hype the networks and cable news stations
have made about D-Day, the only station covering the live broadcast was
MSNBC (at least in my area) and the talking heads there wouldn't shutup for
more than a few minutes. A few were covering the death of Reagan, but the
rest were regular programing. I think it's disgraceful.
I will say one thing. No matter what your feelings about France might
be, that was one class show they put on.

Fitz

Old June 6th 04, 07:05 PM
Matt Whiting

me wrote:

I have to vent..

Was anybody else trying to watch the coverage of the d-day ceremonies ?

MSNBC is supposedly covering the d day ceremonies in France. The focus
should be on the event and the men and woman who fought then not the
reporters or the tv program....

The reporters will not shut up and they just cut away from the program were
old warbirds ( c-47, Spitfires, etc..) were flying over the beaches to go to
bulls**t programming they can show later.

If you feel the way I do call msnbc at (201) 583-5000 and tell them what you
think..

Sorry for taking the bandwidth..

It has taken you this long to determine the quality of MSNBC or just NBC
for that matter? You are a slow learner...

Matt

Old June 6th 04, 07:24 PM
Rip

The French also selected 99 American veterans as representatives of
American sacrifice, and awarded them Medals of the Legion of Honor.

Old June 6th 04, 08:31 PM
John Fitzpatrick

Well, if any news organization was going to cover it, I thought Fox would be
the one, but even they didn't cover it.

Fitz

Old June 7th 04, 12:08 AM
C J Campbell

It is the same network mindset that has made most sports unwatchable,
especially events like the Olympics. You never get to see the event itself;
just advertisements, promises to show the event, and commentary on the
event.

Old June 7th 04, 12:13 AM
C J Campbell

"Rip" wrote in message
news
The French also selected 99 American veterans as representatives of
American sacrifice, and awarded them Medals of the Legion of Honor.

Well, 14 veterans, actually, and each was from a different nation. The
American chosen was Charles Hostler, by all accounts a man who richly
deserved the honor. He was an OSS agent who went in ahead of the landings to
force German spies to give false reports of Allied troop movements. It would
be interesting to hear the whole story on that.