Harriers from MCAS Cherry Point were in Pensacola today....image 7171

Old November 28th 06, 08:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default Harriers from MCAS Cherry Point were in Pensacola today....image 7171

Here are some photos of them as they flew the pattern. Squadron is VMA-231.
Sky was grey and partially blue. Rain is expected later on today.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7171 dpp.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	1006
Old November 28th 06, 10:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

TC Here are some photos of them as they flew the pattern. Squadron is
TC VMA-231.
TC Sky was grey and partially blue. Rain is expected later on today.

Nice images, Tom.

You do realize that you are a lucky devil living so close to the runway. ;-)

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Old November 28th 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Boomerang

Having spent most of my life making Naval Aviation noises with impunity and
immunity and the last decade or so in the wonderful world of FAA Part
umpty-ump answering noise abatement violation claims, I wish there were more
Tom Callahans voluntarily living close to the runways I frequent. (Until it
closed, the old El Toro MCAS was the worst in CONUS, although I've even been
busted at Pensacola.) Nice work, Tom!

Old November 29th 06, 12:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ricardo

Tom Callahan wrote:
Here are some photos of them as they flew the pattern. Squadron is VMA-231.
Sky was grey and partially blue. Rain is expected later on today.

Thanks for some great pictures of a great BRITISH aviation contribution.

Ricardo
--
"Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice, and fear, walk hand in hand ..."
Old November 29th 06, 12:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

We live in an exclusion zone. The number of occupants per building,
building height, etc are set to reduce the chance of a large number of
people getting hurt or killed in an aviation disaster. As far as noise
goes, everyone signs a binding document that they can't complain about the
noise. After Hurricane Katrina the air base went to 24/7 operations. We
loved it. C-5's, herkies, helos, all sorts of aircraft, military and
civilian flew in support of the humanitarian relief. There were no
complaints, Tom

.. .

Old November 29th 06, 03:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith

In article ,
"Boomerang" wrote:

Having spent most of my life making Naval Aviation noises with impunity and
immunity and the last decade or so in the wonderful world of FAA Part
umpty-ump answering noise abatement violation claims, I wish there were more
Tom Callahans voluntarily living close to the runways I frequent. (Until it
closed, the old El Toro MCAS was the worst in CONUS, although I've even been
busted at Pensacola.) Nice work, Tom!

Spoken like a true defender of KOSU.