Avgas Where is the ceiling?

Old April 27th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

But who is this "we"? I'm part Sioux. Does this mean I took land away from myself?

Me too (Osage). I've got my CIB card around somewhere.

-Robert

Old April 27th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Bela P. Havasreti" wrote in message

I must be bringing up the "bottom end" of the scale for the
average... grins

I've never purchased a new car (started driving in 1979).

My newest automobile is an '81 model.

My daily driver is a '74 model.

Haven't had to make a car payment in 20+ years.

I do tend to "drive the wheels off of them" (parked one with frame rot
that was still running strong with 235,000 miles on it).

Bela P. Havasreti

You do realize Bela that you are single-handedly destroying the economy of
the USA.

Old April 27th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"Bela P. Havasreti" wrote in message

I must be bringing up the "bottom end" of the scale for the
average... grins

I've never purchased a new car (started driving in 1979).

My newest automobile is an '81 model.

My daily driver is a '74 model.

Haven't had to make a car payment in 20+ years.

I do tend to "drive the wheels off of them" (parked one with frame rot
that was still running strong with 235,000 miles on it).

Bela P. Havasreti

You do realize Bela that you are single-handedly destroying the economy of
the USA.

No I am helping in the destruction.

1972 mbz 220K miles 15mpg
1989 Ford 100K miles 18mpg
1995 Ford minivan 200k Miles 20mpg
1976 C182 2700hrs 12mpg

These are large comfortable cars (heck the minivan even has dual airbags and
abs).

I could replace the engine or transmission on either ford for less than
initial california sales tax and first year registration on a new $27000
car. yearly registration is cheap on all old cars and insurance is liability
only. I just keep driving them and will fix as needed. Gas would need to be
$10/gal or greater for the economics of replacing these cars to make sense
given the amount of driving I do.

Howard

Old April 27th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jim Logajan wrote:
So Native Americans have been on the receiving end of abuse in living
memory, since some doubt was raised.

Sorry for contributing to this off-topic sub-thread.

Actually ALL Americans have been on the receiving end of abuse
from one of the biggest government ripp-off/pyramid schemes ever
conceived: the Social Security Administration.

Other blatant examples of government waste and boondogle not
withstanding, this national scam has ripped off more billions
of dollars than all other "programs" combined. It is nothing
more than a license to steal money from people who work hard to
earn it to be used exclusively to buy votes from people who
don't.
Old April 27th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Roger" wrote in message

Why transport the hydrogen? Just produce it electrolytically at every gas
station.

And most of the country is going to get the electricity to do this
from where?

Nuclear and hydroelectric.

Old April 27th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

There were only three battles the US lost in Vietnam: the battle for CBS,
the battle for NBC and the battle for ABC.

No, it _might_ not have happened. We will never know, won't we. After all,
the Vietnamese kicked the living crap out of the US and out of their
country altogether a mere 30 years later, did they not?

Old April 27th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:31:20 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

"Bela P. Havasreti" wrote in message

I must be bringing up the "bottom end" of the scale for the
average... grins

I've never purchased a new car (started driving in 1979).

My newest automobile is an '81 model.

My daily driver is a '74 model.

Haven't had to make a car payment in 20+ years.

I do tend to "drive the wheels off of them" (parked one with frame rot
that was still running strong with 235,000 miles on it).

Bela P. Havasreti

You do realize Bela that you are single-handedly destroying the economy of
the USA.

I'll allow as how I haven't been doing the automobile industry any
favors grins but nearly every cent that I haven't spent on fancy new
cars and car gas (for giant SUVs that get 12mpg) has gone into
airplanes, airplane parts & avgas!

Bela P. Havasreti
Old April 27th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
Howard Nelson wrote:

I could replace the engine or transmission on either ford for less than
initial california sales tax and first year registration on a new $27000
car. yearly registration is cheap on all old cars and insurance is liability
only. I just keep driving them and will fix as needed. Gas would need to be
$10/gal or greater for the economics of replacing these cars to make sense
given the amount of driving I do.

I have the same way of thinking. I now have a 1990 and a 1996 Citroen,
both combined costed me less than US$5000 and both run very well. They both
got dumped by their previus owners for being gas guzzlers (25mpg) so
I got them cheap.

--
Eduardo K. | Darwin pone las reglas.
http://www.carfun.cl | Murphy, la oportunidad.
Old April 27th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Bela P. Havasreti" wrote in message

You do realize Bela that you are single-handedly destroying the economy of
the USA.

I'll allow as how I haven't been doing the automobile industry any
favors grins but nearly every cent that I haven't spent on fancy new
cars and car gas (for giant SUVs that get 12mpg) has gone into
airplanes, airplane parts & avgas!

Bela P. Havasreti

Well at least you aren't doing something really un-American like saving it I
guess you're OK and you won't have to go up against the wall during the
revolution.

Old April 27th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Juan Jimenez" wrote:

you're not seriously arguing that the US is solely responsible for
kicking
the Nazis out of France, are you? that's a shameless example of
wearing
blinders when reading history.

I'm seriously saying it wouldn't have happend without us.

No, it _might_ not have happened.

I'd take those odds. Way way way more likely for it not to have
happened without us. Only an idiot would dismiss the US
contribution.

And only an even bigger idiot would dismiss the contribution of the
countries' own people. The US would not have been able to do squat on their
own. Again, that's why they were called "the Allies."

Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM
service ceiling of F-22 zxcv Military Aviation 7 March 14th 04 10:31 PM
Class C Ceiling Mzsoar Soaring 1 August 18th 03 08:50 PM