40,000 Plus Hits. Thank you all.

Old November 2nd 03, 05:05 PM
MLenoch

Ed Rasimus wrote:Give it a rest guys. Take a deep breath, swallow some pride
and
refrain from responding. We'll all be better for it.

Best words I've heard all day! Will do.
Thx, Ed.
VL
Old November 2nd 03, 07:29 PM
Mary Shafer

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 03:15:52 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

Why thank you Mike. That's quite kind of you, and I deeply appreciate it
believe me.
It was no big deal really; just some extensive research and development in
the early stages of energy maneuverability and fighter performance; research
testing in inertia roll coupling and departure for high performance jets;
acm and high angle of attack testing in the F14 ; you know....small stuff
like that.....stuff that keeps pilots who fly combat ALIVE in
combat.........nothing really important by YOUR standards I'm sure :-))

For which Dudley is quite well-known and well-regarded in the test
community, I'll add on account of him being too modest to do so.

We were flying tricycle Rogallo wings in the '60s, so I don't see
what's so special about them. It certainly wasn't a big deal, like
flying the X-15 or lifting bodies, although the same guy flew all
three.

Mary

Old November 2nd 03, 07:40 PM
Mary Shafer

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 04:28:55 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

Are you perhaps referring to either Bruce Peterson, who was a test pilot at
Dryden back in the stone ages, or perhaps Kevin Peterson; both people are
associated with Dryden. I'm assuming you mean Kevin, and if so, I don't
believe I have EVER referred to KP as a "buddy" . I'm not absolutely certain
mind you, but I'm not all that sure KP has all that many "buddies" :-)))

Bruce was better known as "The Six Dollar Man", you know. Kevin's my
and Ken's buddy; he was Ken's co-op one term, way back when. He's
very likeable and has a lot of buddies.

It's "Petersen", by the way, not "Peterson" or "Patterson".

Mary

Old November 2nd 03, 07:43 PM
Mary Shafer

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 03:08:24 GMT, redc1c4
wrote:

kill file the twit?

BTDT, couldn't find a T shirt.

Mary

Old November 2nd 03, 07:52 PM

Bob McKellar wrote:

Now, however, I have found an exception to that rule.

Bob McKellar

.

Well done Bob...a keeper.
--

-Gord.
Old November 2nd 03, 08:08 PM
Tarver Engineering

wrote:

Are you perhaps referring to either Bruce Peterson, who was a test pilot

at
Dryden back in the stone ages, or perhaps Kevin Peterson; both people

are
associated with Dryden. I'm assuming you mean Kevin, and if so, I don't
believe I have EVER referred to KP as a "buddy" . I'm not absolutely

certain
mind you, but I'm not all that sure KP has all that many "buddies" :-)))

Bruce was better known as "The Six Dollar Man", you know. Kevin's my
and Ken's buddy; he was Ken's co-op one term, way back when. He's
very likeable and has a lot of buddies.

It's "Petersen", by the way, not "Peterson" or "Patterson".

Honey, Dudley has a copy of his emails to me. He doesn't need any help
understanding how it goes.

Marta is back from exile and that is a good thing.

Old November 2nd 03, 08:57 PM
BackToNormal

Peter Stickney wrote:

I don't get into Boasting Games, sport. If I were you, my posts would
be full of being conceived in a J-3 Cub, Soloing at 14, learning
mountain flying in some of the most unpredictable weather in the world
- you Floridians have absolutely no idea - looking at the Earth's
curvature from 50,000', or watching the jump-up on the Airspeed/Mach
Indicator as the shockwave formed. Or spending 4 hours above 35,000',
watching a strong Aurora Borealis play along the entire Northern
Horizon. Or the incredible greenness of North America after a year in
the Stinking Desert. Of feeling the heavy feel, but crisp reponse of the
De Havilland Vampire, or the instant response of the SGS 1-26, the
concnetration and precision needed to get the best out of an Mu-2.
Yeah, I don't fly much any more - UV at high altitude roasts your
eyes, and for some of us with the right genes, you've got screwed up
eyes for the rest of your life. I've managed to have some great
experiences, though. I've had the pleaser of being shot at and
shooting back, of flying an airplane faster than sound, of going to
exotic places to do dangerous things, and, best of all, holding my
newborn daughter in my arms.

But, you see, I'm not anything special, in that regard. nor have I
really done any great things. But I know folks who have, and I'm glad
to sit and listen to them any time.

Great post which promptss me to raise a point I have been thinking about
for some little time. Among RAM regulars there is obviously a wealth of
valuable aviation knowledge, but it seems to be overshadowed by
bickering.

I'd like to suggest that RAM regulars donate some of their knowledge to
wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia which expands rapidly every day.
Some of you may already, but I'd guess most don't.

Wikipedia is being compiled by thousands of people worldwide in several
languages, and anyone can post information or edit existing information.
However, wikipedia is about facts, and bias/points of
view/flames/vandalism etc are taboo and quickly edited out by sysops.
Deliberate vandals are soon blocked from contributing (I don't know
how).

I'm positive that contributions by RAM regulars would make wikipedia a
much richer reference tool. It's at http://en.wikipedia.org/ or if you'd
like to go direct to the mil aviation section that's at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Aviation. You will see pages that
contain very little, or glaring ommissions. That's because wikipedia
compilation is ongoing and some categories await the submission of
factual information from people like RAM regulars.

I'd strongly suggest that anyone thinking of contributing/editing should
first read style etc guidelines and experiment on the site. I think RAM
would be a very good place for wikipedia military contributors/editors
to discuss controversial info before agreeing what is factual and could
be posted to wikipedia. And if some of the hostility here could be
replaced by thoughtful discussion to determine those facts, it would be
a more valuable use of time. I asked a question here a few days ago, and
based on a response from Bill Silvey (and others), was able to amend
wikipedia with factual information which removed an inference of
uniqueness attributed to the B_2.

Cheers

ronh