New Bendix King panel mount GPS

Old July 28th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Burns

Default New Bendix King panel mount GPS

As I promised Mike Granby, I stopped by Honeywell Bendix King's booth at OSH
yesterday to pick their brains about their upcoming yet to be announced King
KLN430 or what ever they will call it.

I got very few answers but very big grins from the rep.

When will it be introduced? Can't say, big grin.
When will you announce it's existence? Can't say until we make an
announcement, another big grin.
Will it be WAAS compatible? yes.
Will it be configured with a com? Can't say.
Will it fit in my panel if I pull my KLN94? Yep and they will have an
upgrade program. He said that they are very proud of their upgrade programs
and feel that it is important that they continue in that fashion to keep
their customer base. This was one of the reasons that they haven't moved
faster (according to the guy I talked with). He also said that no new
antenna will be required.

Will I have to pull my KLN94 AND a KX155? Can't say, but they told me it
would definitely fit, but be bigger than my KLN94.

So, basically no real news other than they say they are getting closer to an
announcement. He showed me the GPS "engine" it's a card the size of a
playing card and about 1/8" thick.

Jim